A growing body of research consistently shows that patients with schizophrenia often suffer from sleep disturbances.
This research suggests that interventions to improve cognitive insight may bolster neurocognition in schizophrenia.
Investigators seek the association between the risk of developing schizophrenia and advanced maternal and paternal age.
Gender differences may predict the types of symptoms and age of onset of schizophrenic psychosis.
Investigators assessed biomarkers for cardiovascular risk and protection in individuals with first-episode psychosis.
Investigators believe social recovery therapy may benefit individuals with complex comorbidities not motivated to participate in psychosocial interventions targeting functioning after first-episode psychosis.
Twelve antipsychotics, including olanzapine, ziprasidone, and lurasidone, were examined in a meta-analysis.
Technique validation suggested a robust generalizability of neuroanatomical imaging in schizophrenia.
AVATAR therapy significantly reduced the severity of hallucinations compared with supportive counseling.
A schizophrenia-related polygenic-risk score association gradient was identified across bipolar disorder phenotypes.
The severity of psychotic symptoms in patients with bipolar affective disorder correlated inversely with the response to lithium therapy.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Anhedonia and Suicidal Ideation Linked Independent of Major Affective Disorders
- Rarity of Late-Onset ADHD: Symptoms Linked to Other Causes
- Cognitive Insight Impairment May Precede Neurocognitive Decline in Schizophrenia
- Trump Administration Provides the CDC With a List of Banned Words, Phrases
- Expert Perspective: Link Between Depression and Mortality in Cancer Patients
- Amber Lenses Before Bed Improve Insomnia Symptoms
- Pregnancy and Bipolar Disorder: Expert Interview With Leena Mittal, MD
- Cannabis Use in Adolescence May Mediate Future Hypomania
- Lurasidone Monotherapy Safe, Efficacious in Children, Adolescents With Bipolar Depression
- Sleep Disruption May Lead to Increased Beta Amyloid Production
- Examining Duration of Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation Sessions for Depression
- Pretreatment Functioning Associated With Anxiolytic Efficacy of Vortioxetine
- AAN Issues New Guidelines for Treatment of Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Quality Improvement Intervention Improves Documentation of Geriatric Transitions in Care
- Sexual Harassment: Response to a National Crisis