Understanding more about the original protocols of RCTs for various drugs may offer helpful insights into the clinical implications of those trials' findings.
Researchers conducted a prospective case-control study to examine predictors of early and late-onset psychosis in Parkinson disease.
These findings suggest that there are critical periods of development associated with a higher risk of persistent negative symptoms.
In this study, 672 patients with schizophrenia were evaluated with the EPICOG-SCH brief cognitive battery.
Seven signs and symptoms might alert someone to the possible presentation of schizophrenia.
Type 2 diabetes is greater with second-generation antipsychotics than with non-second-generation antipsychotic psychotropic medications for patients aged 6 to 25 years.
The FDA issued a refusal to file letter for a new drug application.
Switching therapy to Aristada resulted in statistically significant and clinically meaningful improvement in schizophrenia symptoms.
Adding telmisartan to treatment with olanzapine or clozapine may improve symptoms of schizophrenia.
Researchers from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center have discovered the cellular receptor that causes weight gain from antipsychotic drugs.
Long-term treatment of schizophrenia with cariprazine was found to be both safe and well-tolerated.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder