Young patients with first-episode psychosis may be able to achieve recovery.
This case offers evidence of the interaction between ciprofloxacin and clozapine.
Combined cognitive therapy and mindfulness can have lasting positive effects on behavior and mood.
Benefits of NMDA receptor agonists in patients with schizophrenia include improvements with memory and reading.
PUFA supplementation offers little additional aid to psychosis when good psychosocial care is already sought.
Hyperprolactinemia should be monitored during long-term risperidone treatment.
Sunovion have announced positive results from a study evaluating Latuda (lurasidone HCI) for the treatment of schizophrenia in adolescents aged 13 to 17 years old.
40-Hz ASSR spectral power and phase-locking deficits could be useful probes for assessing circuit dysfunctions in the disorder.
The findings might help to explain the increased prevalence of type 2 diabetes in patients with schizophrenia.
Studying cognition deficits during the clinical high risk period allows researchers to observe cognitive defects before chronicity and long-term medication use obscure the core deficits.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Depression High Among Medical Students
- Evidence Against Palliative Care in Long-term Eating Disorders
- Better Cognition for Older Adults Who Nap After Lunch
- Alzheimer's Disease is a Significant Risk Factor for Major Hip Fracture
- No Cognitive Benefit to Long-term Weight Loss in Overweight, Obese Adults
- Preschoolers With Depression Show Reduced Response to Rewards
- Lithium Side Effects for Bipolar Disorder Lead to Lower Prescription Rates
- Predictors of Favorable Outcomes in First-Episode Psychosis Without Medication
- Low-Dose Dexmedetomidine Reduces Postoperative Delirium in Older Patients
- Facebook Addiction Associated With Social Insecurity