Generic Name and Formulations:
Collagenase 250units/g; oint.
Smith & Nephew, Inc.
Indications for SANTYL:
Chronic dermal ulcers and severely burned areas.
Apply once daily to cleansed wounds or sterile gauze pad.
Avoid detergents, antiseptics, or soaks with metal ions (eg, mercury, silver) or acidic solutions (pH<6). Debilitated.
Systemic bacterial infections, erythema.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Rapid Cycling Bipolar Disorder Associated With ADHD and Female Gender
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Symptom Trajectories Vary According to Language Development in Autism
- Quetiapine Exposure Does Not Appear to Increase Risk for Infant Malformations
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children