Generic Name and Formulations:
Granisetron 3.1mg/24hrs; transdermal delivery system (patch).
Kyowa Kirin, Inc.
Indications for SANCUSO:
Prevention of nausea and vomiting in patients receiving moderately and/or highly emetogenic chemotherapy regimens of up to 5 consecutive days duration.
≥18yrs: apply one patch to clean, dry, intact healthy skin on upper outer arm 24 to 48 hours before chemotherapy; remove at least 24 hours after chemotherapy is completed. May wear patch for up to 7 days. Do not cut patch.
<18yrs: not recommended.
May mask progressive ilieus and/or gastric distention. Avoid direct sun or UV light (cover patch with clothing during use and for 10 days after removing patch). Avoid exposure to external heat sources (eg, heating pads). Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Do not take with other granisetron products. Serotonin syndrome possible esp. with concomitant serotonergic drugs.
5-HT3 receptor antagonist.
Constipation; local irritation (remove patch if severe or if generalized skin reaction occurs), headache; serotonin syndrome (discontinue if occurs).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders