Generic Name and Formulations:
Trospium chloride 20mg; tabs.
Indications for SANCTURA:
Overactive bladder with symptoms of urge urinary incontinence, urgency, and frequency.
Take on empty stomach. 20mg twice daily. ≥75yrs: 20mg once daily if twice daily dose not tolerated. Severe renal impairment (CrCl<30mL/min): 20mg once daily at bedtime.
Gastric or urinary retention; uncontrolled narrow-angle glaucoma; and patients at risk for these conditions.
Bladder outflow obstruction. GI obstructive disorders. Ulcerative colitis. Narrow-angle glaucoma (monitor). Intestinal atony. Myasthenia gravis. Exposure to high environmental temperature. Renal insufficiency (CrCl 30–80mL/min). Moderate to severe hepatic dysfunction. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Additive anticholinergic effects with other anticholinergics. Increased drowsiness with alcohol; avoid consumption within 2hrs of administration. May alter absorption of other drugs (decreased GI motility). May potentiate or be potentiated by drugs eliminated by active tubular secretion. May be antagonized by metformin.
Anticholinergic effects (dry mouth, constipation, dry eyes, urinary retention, blurred vision), CNS effects (monitor), dyspepsia, headache.
Fecal (primarily), renal.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- Antidepressant Use and Dementia Risk in the Elderly
- Sleep Apnea Implant Device Receives FDA Approval
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Duration of Untreated Depression Predicts Depression Severity
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Cognitive Dysfunction a Sign of Prodromal Parkinson Disease
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Bipolar Depression Benefits From Midday Bright Light Therapy