Trospium Chloride Ext-Rel Caps Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Trospium chloride 60mg; ext-rel caps.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Trospium Chloride Ext-Rel Caps:
Overactive bladder with symptoms of urge urinary incontinence, urgency, and frequency.
Take on empty stomach. 60mg daily in the AM. Severe renal impairment (CrCl<30mL/min): not recommended.
Gastric or urinary retention; uncontrolled narrow-angle glaucoma; and patients at risk for these conditions.
Bladder outflow obstruction. GI obstructive disorders. Ulcerative colitis. Narrow-angle glaucoma (monitor). Intestinal atony. Myasthenia gravis. Exposure to high environmental temperature. Renal insufficiency (CrCl 30–80mL/min). Moderate to severe hepatic dysfunction. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Additive anticholinergic effects with other anticholinergics. Increased drowsiness with alcohol; avoid consumption within 2hrs of administration. May alter absorption of other drugs (decreased GI motility). May potentiate or be potentiated by drugs eliminated by active tubular secretion. May be antagonized by metformin.
Anticholinergic effects (dry mouth, constipation, dry eyes, urinary retention, blurred vision), CNS effects (monitor), dyspepsia, headache.
Formerly known under the brand name Sanctura, Sanctura XR.
Fecal (primarily), renal.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Panel Recommends Earlier Body Weight Monitoring in Use of Mood Stabilizers
- Nondaily Cigarette Use Increasing Among Individuals With Mental Health, Substance Use Disorders
- Cesarean Delivery, Early Childhood Antibiotic Use Not Associated With Risk for ADHD
- Uncertainty as a Form of Violence: Current Immigration Policy and Crisis
- FDA Gets Tough on Juul, Other Electronic Cigarette Makers