SALEX SHAMPOO Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Salicylic acid 6%.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for SALEX SHAMPOO:
Apply to wet hair, lather and rinse. May repeat treatment as needed.
<2yrs: not recommended. 2–11yrs: see literature.
Children <2yrs old.
Avoid eyes, mucous membranes. Active varicella or influenza virus: not recommended. Children, renally or hepatically impaired: monitor for salicylism (esp. with prolonged use over large areas). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Skin irritation, excessive erythema, scaling.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder