Generic Name and Formulations:
Ramelteon 8mg; tabs.
Indications for ROZEREM:
Take 8mg within 30min of bedtime. Do not take with high-fat/heavy meals (delays effect).
Severe hepatic impairment. Concomitant fluvoxamine.
Severe COPD, severe obstructive sleep apnea: not recommended. Moderate hepatic impairment. Depression. Behavioral changes. Monitor prolactin and testosterone levels if unexplained amenorrhea, galactorrhea, decreased libido, or fertility problems occur. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
See Contraindications. Avoid alcohol. Potentiated by potent inhibitors of CYP1A2, CYP3A4 (eg, ketoconazole), CYP2C9 (eg, fluconazole). Antagonized by potent CYP450 inducers (eg, rifampin).
Hypnotic (melatonin agonist).
Somnolence, complex sleep-related behaviors (eg, sleep-driving), dizziness, fatigue; reduced testosterone or cortisol levels, increased prolactin levels (monitor if occurs); anaphylaxis, angioedema, others (see literature).
Tabs—30, 100, 500
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder