Generic Name and Formulations:
Pentavalent, live rotavirus vaccine; oral susp; contains fetal bovine serum (trace); preservative-free.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for ROTATEQ:
Rotavirus gastroenteritis vaccination in infants 6–32 weeks of age.
<6 weeks or >32 weeks: not established. Each dose is 1 tube. Give 1st dose orally at 6–12 weeks of age; give 2nd and 3rd dose at 4–10 week intervals for a total of 3 doses. If incomplete dose is given, do not give replacement dose; continue with remaining doses in the recommended series.
Severe combined immunodeficiency disease. History of intussusception.
Immunocompromised (blood dyscrasias, leukemia, lymphomas, or other malignancies; primary and acquired immunodeficiency states, HIV/AIDS; cellular immune deficiencies; and hypogammaglobulinemic and dysgammaglobulinemic states; received blood transfusion or blood products, including immunoglobulins within 42 days). Febrile illness. Active or history of GI disorders. Chronic diarrhea. Failure to thrive. History of congenital abdominal disorders. Abdominal surgery. Risk of intussusception. Immunodeficient close contacts. Pregnancy (Cat. C), women of child-bearing potential: not recommended.
Immunosuppressants (eg, irradiation, chemotherapy, high-dose steroids): may get suboptimal response. Concomitant vaccines: see full labeling; oral polio vaccine: not recommended.
Diarrhea, vomiting, irritability, otitis media, nasopharyngitis, bronchospasm; rare: intussusception, hematochezia, seizures, Kawasaki disease.
Single-use tube (2mL)—10, 25
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder