Generic Name and Formulations:
Glycopyrrolate 1mg; dye-free tabs.
Indications for ROBINUL:
Adjunct in peptic ulcer.
1–2mg 2–3 times daily; max 8mg daily.
Glaucoma. Unstable cardiovascular status. Asthma. GI or urinary tract obstruction. Paralytic ileus or intestinal atony. Toxic megacolon. Severe ulcerative colitis. Myasthenia gravis.
Reflux esophagitis. Autonomic neuropathy. Impaired hepatic or renal function. Cardiovascular disease. Tachycardia. Hypertension. Hyperthyroidism. High environmental temperature. Diarrhea. Elderly. Debilitated. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Concomitant antacids may inhibit absorption. Cyclopropane anesthetics may cause arrhythmias. Additive anticholinergic effects with other anticholinergics, narcotic analgesics, type I antiarrhythmics, antihistamines, phenothiazines, tricyclics.
Anticholinergic effects (e.g., dry mouth, blurred vision, constipation).
Inj (vials) Single dose 1mL—25
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders