Most Recent Articles by Robert M. Kertzner, MD
Mental health professionals should observe how lesbians and gay men experience the psychosocial benefits of same-sex marriage.
Same-sex marriage has positive mental health benefits for gays and lesbians.
Practitioners should be aware of risk factors specific to LGBT mental health in order to provide the best treatment possible in this population.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- FOSTA-SESTA Threatens Sex Worker Livelihoods: What Mental Health Providers Should Know
- Strong Social Networks May Mitigate the Effects of Childhood Adversity
- Sodium Valproate May Lower Amygdala Volume in Pediatric Bipolar Disorder
- False Positives in Mood Disorders Questionnaire Screening for Bipolar Disorder
- Suicidal Behavior More Likely in Depression, Bipolar Disorder With Mixed Features
- Medical Clearance of Psych Patients in the ED: Consensus Recommendations
- From Abused Child to Serial Killer: Investigating Nature vs Nurture in Methods of Murder
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Effective in Reducing Suicide Attempts, Self-Harm in Adolescents
- Novel Parent-Child Interaction Therapy Targets Preschool-Aged Depression
- Brain Activation Predicts Quetiapine Response in Adolescent Bipolar Depression
- Challenges Psychiatrists Face in Treating Patients with Bipolar Disorder
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy May Improve Depression and Emotional Function
- Identifying Problems of Functioning in Schizophrenia Informs Approaches to Intervention
- Visual Hallucinations in Dementia and Parkinson Disease: Assessment of Patient Experiences