Generic Name and Formulations:
Auranofin 3mg; caps.
Prometheus Labs, Inc.
Indications for RIDAURA:
Active rheumatoid arthritis unresponsive to NSAIDs.
Initially 6mg daily in 1–2 divided doses. If response inadequate after 6 months, may increase to 3mg 3 times daily. If still ineffective after 3 months, discontinue.
History of gold-induced disorders.
Be fully familiar with chrysotherapy and this product's toxicity and benefits before use. Impaired renal or hepatic function. Inflammatory bowel disease. Rash. History of bone marrow depression. Monitor CBC with differential, platelet count, urinalysis, renal, liver function and for GI bleeding. Discontinue immediately if thrombocytopenia, proteinuria, or hematuria occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.C), nursing mothers: not recommended.
DMARD (gold salt).
Bone marrow depression, proteinuria, hematuria, diarrhea, GI upset, ulcerative colitis, rash, pruritus, exfoliative dermatitis, stomatitis, conjunctivitis, proteinuria, nephrotic syndrome, cholestatic jaundice, gold bronchitis, pneumonitis, peripheral neuropathy.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- Prevalence of ADHD Relatively Stable Over Time Despite Increase in Diagnoses
- Cognitive Impairment May Predict Persistent Psychosis in Ketamine Users
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Evidence of Methylphenidate Abuse: Characterizing Patterns of Use in Pediatric and Adult Populations
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- Most Patients Comfortable With Clinicians Asking About Sexual Orientation
- Peer-to-Peer Depression Awareness Program May Be Beneficial
- Examining Rates of Long-term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders