Generic Name and Formulations:
Fibrinogen concentrate (human) 900–1300mg; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV inj after reconstitution; contains albumin; preservative-free.
CSL Behring, LLC
Indications for RIASTAP:
Acute bleeding episodes in patients with congenital fibrinogen deficiency, including afibrinogenemia and hypofibrinogenemia.
Adults and Children:
See literature. Give by slow IV inj at rate not exceeding 5mL/min. Individualize. Calculate dose when baseline fibrinogen level is known: Dose (mg/kg body wt) = [Target level (mg/dL) – measured level (mg/dL)] / 1.7 (mg/dL per mg/kg body wt). When baseline fibrinogen level is not known: 70mg/kg. Monitor fibrinogen level during therapy. Maintain target fibrinogen level of 100mg/dL until hemostatis is obtained.
Not for use in dysfibrinogenemia. Monitor for allergic or hypersensitivity reactions; discontinue if occur. Risk of thrombosis (monitor). Contains human plasma; monitor for possible infection transmission. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Fever, headache, chills, nausea, vomiting; thrombotic episodes (eg, pulmonary embolism, MI, DVT), anaphylactic reactions.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders