Generic Name and Formulations:
Fibrinogen concentrate (human) 900–1300mg; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV inj after reconstitution; contains albumin; preservative-free.
CSL Behring, LLC
Indications for RIASTAP:
Acute bleeding episodes in patients with congenital fibrinogen deficiency, including afibrinogenemia and hypofibrinogenemia.
Adults and Children:
See literature. Give by slow IV inj at rate not exceeding 5mL/min. Individualize. Calculate dose when baseline fibrinogen level is known: Dose (mg/kg body wt) = [Target level (mg/dL) – measured level (mg/dL)] / 1.7 (mg/dL per mg/kg body wt). When baseline fibrinogen level is not known: 70mg/kg. Monitor fibrinogen level during therapy. Maintain target fibrinogen level of 100mg/dL until hemostatis is obtained.
Not for use in dysfibrinogenemia. Monitor for allergic or hypersensitivity reactions; discontinue if occur. Risk of thrombosis (monitor). Contains human plasma; monitor for possible infection transmission. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Fever, headache, chills, nausea, vomiting; thrombotic episodes (eg, pulmonary embolism, MI, DVT), anaphylactic reactions.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Antidepressant Use and Dementia Risk in the Elderly
- Risk for Adverse Outcomes With Antidepressants in Dementia
- Chronic Alcohol Use Disorder Symptoms Occur Regardless of Social Status
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Buprenorphine, Methadone Combined With CNS Depressants May Lead to SAEs
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in HIV-Associated Depression
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress