Generic Name and Formulations:
Oxymetazoline HCl 1%; crm.
Indications for RHOFADE:
Persistent facial erythema associated with rosacea.
≥18yrs: apply a pea-sized amount once daily in a thin layer to entire face (forehead, nose, each cheek, chin). Wash hands after use.
<18yrs: not established.
Not for oral, ophthalmic, or intravaginal use. Avoid eyes, lips, irritated skin, or open wounds. Severe or unstable/uncontrolled cardiovascular disease. Orthostatic hypotension. Uncontrolled hypertension or hypotension. Cerebral or coronary insufficiency. Raynaud's phenomenon. Thromboangiitis obliterans. Scleroderma. Sjögren's syndrome. Increased risk of angle closure glaucoma. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Caution with concomitant beta-blockers, antihypertensives, cardiac glycosides, alpha-1 receptor antagonists. Concomitant MAOIs may affect the metabolism and uptake of circulating amines; caution.
Application site reactions (eg, dermatitis, pruritus, erythema, pain), worsening inflammatory lesions of rosacea.
Gel—30g, 60g (tube or pump)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Cognitive Impairment May Predict Persistent Psychosis in Ketamine Users
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- Prevalence of ADHD Relatively Stable Over Time Despite Increase in Diagnoses
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Evidence of Methylphenidate Abuse: Characterizing Patterns of Use in Pediatric and Adult Populations
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- Most Patients Comfortable With Clinicians Asking About Sexual Orientation
- Peer-to-Peer Depression Awareness Program May Be Beneficial
- Examining Rates of Long-term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders