RETIN-A MICRO Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Tretinoin (in microspheres) 0.04%, 0.08%, 0.1%; aqueous gel.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for RETIN-A MICRO:
Apply sparingly at bedtime to clean dry skin; adjust strength and frequency as tolerated and needed.
Not for use in eczema or sunburned skin. Avoid eyes, mouth, angles of nose, mucous membranes, sun, UV light. Discontinue if sensitivity reactions occur. Increased irritation in weather extremes. Gel: flammable. Pregnancy (Cat.C): not recommended. Nursing mothers.
Caution with concomitant topical medication, medicated or abrasive soaps/cleansers, astringents, drying agents, high-alcohol content topical products, spices. Avoid contact with peel of limes. Allow effects of benzoyl peroxide, sulfur, resorcinol, salicylic acid, other topical acne agents to subside before applying.
Local irritation, skin pain, pruritus, pharyngitis, erythema, transient symptom exacerbation or pigmentation changes, dryness, stinging, photosensitivity.
Micro 0.04%, 0.1%—20g, 45g, 50g; 0.08%—50g; Crm—20g, 45g; Gel—15g, 45g; Liq—28mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders