Generic Name and Formulations:
Reteplase 10.4Units (18.1mg); per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV inj after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Chiesi USA, Inc.
Indications for RETAVASE:
Management of acute myocardial infarction (AMI) to improve ventricular function and to reduce the incidence of congestive heart failure and mortality.
Start as soon as possible after onset of AMI symptoms. 10Units as IV bolus over 2 minutes; repeat dose 30 minutes after initiation of 1st bolus.
Active internal bleeding. History of cerebrovascular accident. Recent intracranial or intraspinal surgery or trauma. Intracranial neoplasm, arteriovenous malformation, or aneurysm. Bleeding diathesis. Severe uncontrolled hypertension.
Avoid noncompressible arterial puncture, internal jugular and subclavian venous punctures, IM inj, nonessential handling of patient to minimize risk of bleeding. Discontinue concomitant anticoagulant therapy if severe bleeding occurs. Recent major surgery. Cerebrovascular disease. GI or GU bleeding. Hypertension. Left heart thrombus. Acute pericarditis. Subacute bacterial endocarditis. Hemostatic defects. Severe hepatic or renal dysfunction. Hemorrhagic ophthalmic conditions. Septic thrombophlebitis. Occluded AV cannula. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Tissue plasminogen activator (tPA).
Bleeding risks increased with heparin, vitamin K antagonists, aspirin, dipyridamole, abciximab. Coagulation tests may be unreliable during therapy.
Bleeding, hypersensitivity reactions, GI upset, hypotension, fever; cardiogenic shock, arrhythmias, AV block, pulmonary edema, heart failure, cardiac arrest, ischemia, reinfarction, myocardial rupture, mitral regurgitation, pericardial effusion, pericarditis, cardiac tamponade, venous thrombosis, cholesterol embolism, electromechanical dissociation.
Kit—1 (2 vials w. diluents, supplies)
Half-Kit—1 (1 vial w. diluent)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Rapid Cycling Bipolar Disorder Associated With ADHD and Female Gender
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Symptom Trajectories Vary According to Language Development in Autism
- Quetiapine Exposure Does Not Appear to Increase Risk for Infant Malformations
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children