Generic Name and Formulations:
Reteplase 10.4Units (18.1mg); per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV inj after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Chiesi USA, Inc.
Indications for RETAVASE:
Management of acute myocardial infarction (AMI) to improve ventricular function and to reduce the incidence of congestive heart failure and mortality.
Start as soon as possible after onset of AMI symptoms. 10Units as IV bolus over 2 minutes; repeat dose 30 minutes after initiation of 1st bolus.
Active internal bleeding. History of cerebrovascular accident. Recent intracranial or intraspinal surgery or trauma. Intracranial neoplasm, arteriovenous malformation, or aneurysm. Bleeding diathesis. Severe uncontrolled hypertension.
Avoid noncompressible arterial puncture, internal jugular and subclavian venous punctures, IM inj, nonessential handling of patient to minimize risk of bleeding. Discontinue concomitant anticoagulant therapy if severe bleeding occurs. Recent major surgery. Cerebrovascular disease. GI or GU bleeding. Hypertension. Left heart thrombus. Acute pericarditis. Subacute bacterial endocarditis. Hemostatic defects. Severe hepatic or renal dysfunction. Hemorrhagic ophthalmic conditions. Septic thrombophlebitis. Occluded AV cannula. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Bleeding risks increased with heparin, vitamin K antagonists, aspirin, dipyridamole, abciximab. Coagulation tests may be unreliable during therapy.
Tissue plasminogen activator (tPA).
Bleeding, hypersensitivity reactions, GI upset, hypotension, fever; cardiogenic shock, arrhythmias, AV block, pulmonary edema, heart failure, cardiac arrest, ischemia, reinfarction, myocardial rupture, mitral regurgitation, pericardial effusion, pericarditis, cardiac tamponade, venous thrombosis, cholesterol embolism, electromechanical dissociation.
Kit—1 (2 vials w. diluents, supplies)
Half-Kit—1 (1 vial w. diluent)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder