Generic Name and Formulations:
Temazepam 7.5mg, 15mg, 22.5mg, 30mg; caps.
Indications for RESTORIL:
Short-term (7–10 days) treatment of insomnia.
Use lowest effective dose. Usual dose: 7.5mg–30mg at bedtime. Elderly or debilitated: initially 7.5mg. Max 1 month/℞.
<18yrs: not established.
Risks from concomitant use with opioids (see Interactions). Suicidal tendencies. Depression. Pulmonary, renal, or hepatic impairment. Drug or alcohol abuse. Reevaluate if used ≥2 weeks. Sleep disturbances after stopping drug. Avoid abrupt cessation after prolonged use. Elderly. Nursing mothers.
Increased sedation, respiratory depression, coma, and death with concomitant opioids; reserve use in those for whom alternative treatment options are inadequate; if needed, limit dosages/durations to minimum and monitor. Additive CNS depressant effects with alcohol or other CNS depressants.
Drowsiness, headache, fatigue, nervousness, lethargy, dizziness, hangover, confusion, weakness, paradoxical excitement, euphoria; sleep-driving and other complex behaviors (eg, preparing/eating food), anaphylaxis, angioedema.
Caps 7.5mg—30, 100; 22.5mg—30; 15mg, 30mg—100
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Examining Rates of Long-term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Mortality Rates for Substance Use Disorders, Intentional Injuries Vary Widely By Country
- Facial Emotion Recognition Differentiates Behavioral Variant Frontotemporal Dementia From MDD
- The Challenge of Helping Uninsured Patients While Protecting Practice Finances
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed