Generic Name and Formulations:
Temazepam 7.5mg, 15mg, 22.5mg, 30mg; caps.
Indications for RESTORIL:
Short-term (7–10 days) treatment of insomnia.
Use lowest effective dose. Usual dose: 7.5mg–30mg at bedtime. Elderly or debilitated: initially 7.5mg. Max 1 month/℞.
<18yrs: not established.
Risks from concomitant use with opioids.
Risks from concomitant use with opioids (see Interactions). Suicidal tendencies. Depression. Pulmonary, renal, or hepatic impairment. Drug or alcohol abuse. Reevaluate if used ≥2 weeks. Sleep disturbances after stopping drug. Avoid abrupt cessation after prolonged use. Elderly. Nursing mothers.
Increased sedation, respiratory depression, coma, and death with concomitant opioids; reserve use in those for whom alternative treatment options are inadequate; if needed, limit dosages/durations to minimum and monitor. Additive CNS depressant effects with alcohol or other CNS depressants.
Drowsiness, headache, fatigue, nervousness, lethargy, dizziness, hangover, confusion, weakness, paradoxical excitement, euphoria; sleep-driving and other complex behaviors (eg, preparing/eating food), anaphylaxis, angioedema.
Caps 7.5mg—30, 100; 22.5mg—30; 15mg, 30mg—100
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age