REPRONEX 75 IU Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Follicle-stimulating hormone 75 IU + luteinizing hormone 75 IU; per vial; pwd for SC or IM inj after reconstitution.
Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for REPRONEX 75 IU:
Multiple follicular development for in vitro fertilization and ovulation induction in women who have previously received pituitary suppression.
For controlled ovarian hyperstimulation: 150 IU daily for 1st 5 days of treatment, followed by 5000–10000 Units of hCG 1 day after last dose. ART: Initially 225 IU followed by 5000–10000 Units of hCG. For both: Adjust in increments of 75–150 IU at intervals of at least 2 days; max 450 IU/day and 12 days treatment.
Primary ovarian failure. Uncontrolled thyroid or adrenal dysfunction. Intracranial lesions. Undiagnosed abnormal vaginal bleeding. Ovarian cysts or enlargement. Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Be fully familiar with infertility treatment and its complications before using this product. Do complete gynecological and endocrinological exam first. Monitor appropriate lab values. May cause false (+) pregnancy test. Thromboembolic disorders. If ovaries are excessively enlarged on last day of therapy do not administer hCG; this decreases risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS). Discontinue if OHSS occurs. Nursing mothers.
OHSS with pulmonary and vascular complications, hemoperitoneum, adnexal torsion, ovarian enlargement or cysts, abdominal pain, flu-like symptoms, GI disturbances, local reactions, rash, dizziness, tachycardia, dyspnea, tachypnea, risk of high order multiple births.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Suicide Attempt Risk Among LGB Populations Higher Than Previously Estimated
- Residents Should Take Advantage of Paid Time Off
- Outpatient Engagement May Lower Suicide Attempts in Patients With Fibromyalgia
- Prevalence of Alzheimer Disease, Related Dementia Set to Double
- Forms of Childhood Adversity Related to First-Episode Psychosis Outcomes