Generic Name and Formulations:
Evolocumab 140mg/mL; per prefilled syringe or SureClick autoinjector; soln for SC inj; preservative-free.
Indications for REPATHA:
Adjunct to diet, alone or in combination with other lipid-lowering therapies, in adults with primary hyperlipidemia (including heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia [HeFH]) to reduce LDL-C. Adjunct to diet and other LDL-lowering therapies, in patients with homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia (HoFH) requiring additional lowering of LDL-C. To reduce the risk of MI, stroke, and coronary revascularization in adults with established cardiovascular (CV) disease.
Give by SC inj into abdomen, thigh, or upper arm; rotate inj sites. Primary hyperlipidemia, HeFH or CV disease: 140mg every 2 weeks or 420mg once monthly. HoFH: (≥13yrs): 420mg once monthly; measure LDL-C levels 4–8 weeks after initiation. To administer 420mg dose: give over 9 mins by using the on-body infusor or as 3 inj consecutively within 30 mins using the prefilled syringe or autoinjector.
Primary hyperlipidemia or HeFH: not established. HoFH: <13yrs: not established.
Do not inject into areas that are tender, bruised, red, or indurated. Discontinue if serious allergic reactions occur. Severe hepatic impairment. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Proprotein convertase subtilisin kexin type 9 (PCSK9) inhibitor.
Avoid co-administration with other injectable drugs at same inj site.
Nasopharyngitis, URTI, influenza, back pain, inj site reactions.
Single-use prefilled syringe—1; Single-use prefilled SureClick autoinjector—1, 2, 3; Single-use Pushtronex system—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age