Generic Name and Formulations:
Evolocumab 140mg/mL; per prefilled syringe or SureClick autoinjector; soln for SC inj; preservative-free.
Indications for REPATHA:
Adjunct to diet, alone or in combination with other lipid-lowering therapies, in adults with primary hyperlipidemia (including heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia [HeFH]) to reduce LDL-C. Adjunct to diet and other LDL-lowering therapies, in patients with homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia (HoFH) requiring additional lowering of LDL-C. To reduce the risk of MI, stroke, and coronary revascularization in adults with established cardiovascular (CV) disease.
Give by SC inj into abdomen, thigh, or upper arm; rotate inj sites. Primary hyperlipidemia, HeFH or CV disease: 140mg every 2 weeks or 420mg once monthly. HoFH: (≥13yrs): 420mg once monthly; measure LDL-C levels 4–8 weeks after initiation. To administer 420mg dose: give over 9 mins by using the on-body infusor or as 3 inj consecutively within 30 mins using the prefilled syringe or autoinjector.
Primary hyperlipidemia or HeFH: not established. HoFH: <13yrs: not established.
Do not inject into areas that are tender, bruised, red, or indurated. Discontinue if serious allergic reactions occur. Severe hepatic impairment. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Avoid co-administration with other injectable drugs at same inj site.
Proprotein convertase subtilisin kexin type 9 (PCSK9) inhibitor.
Nasopharyngitis, URTI, influenza, back pain, inj site reactions.
Single-use prefilled syringe—1; Single-use prefilled SureClick autoinjector—1, 2, 3; Single-use Pushtronex system—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders