RENOVA 0.05% Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Tretinoin 0.05%; crm.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for RENOVA 0.05%:
Adjunct to comprehensive skin care and sunlight avoidance programs in the palliation of fine wrinkles, mottled hyperpigmentation, and tactile roughness of facial skin.
≥18 years: Wash face with mild soap, pat dry and wait 20–30 minutes before use. Apply a small amount to cover entire affected area lightly once daily in the PM. Do not wash face, or use other skin care products for at least 1 hour after application. Discontinue if sensitivity, irritation, or systemic reactions occur.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Do not use on sunburn, eczema, other chronic skin conditions, or for sun-sensitive patients. Avoid eyes, ears, mouth, angle of nose, mucous membranes, sun, UV light. Increased irritation in extreme weather. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid photosensitizers, topical irritants, and drying agents.
Local erythema, peeling, dry skin, burning, stinging, pruritus, hypo- or hyperpigmentation.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder