RENAGEL TABLETS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Sevelamer HCl 400mg, 800mg.
Sanofi Genzyme Company
Indications for RENAGEL TABLETS:
Control of serum phosphorus in patients with chronic kidney disease on dialysis.
Swallow whole with meals. Patients not taking a phosphate binder: serum phosphorus >5.5 to <7.5mg/dL: 800mg 3 times daily; 7.5–<9mg/dL: 1.2–1.6g 3 times daily; ≥9mg/dL: 1.6g 3 times daily. Titrate by 1 tab per meal at 2-week intervals to keep serum phosphorus ≤5.5mg/dL. Switching from calcium acetate to sevelamer: see full labeling.
Dysphagia. Swallowing disorders. Severe GI motility disorders. Major GI tract surgery. Monitor serum bicarbonate, chloride. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Concomitant with drugs that have a narrow therapeutic index; monitor. Consider separation of administration with cyclosporine, tacrolimus, or levothyroxine. Separate dosing of ciprofloxacin by ≥2hrs before or 6hrs after sevelamer; mycophenolate mofetil by ≥2hrs before sevelamer.
Vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, dyspepsia, abdominal pain, flatulence, constipation; rare: bowel obstruction, perforation.
Tabs 400mg—360; 800mg—180
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Rapid Cycling Bipolar Disorder Associated With ADHD and Female Gender
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Symptom Trajectories Vary According to Language Development in Autism
- Quetiapine Exposure Does Not Appear to Increase Risk for Infant Malformations
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children