RENACIDIN IRRIGATION Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Citric acid 6.602g, glucono-delta-lactone 198mg, magnesium carbonate 3.177g; per 100mL; irrigation soln (pH 3.85).
Indications for RENACIDIN IRRIGATION:
Dissolution of renal or bladder calculi composed of apatite or struvite in select patients. Adjunct to dissolve apatite or struvite calculi after surgery or to achieve partial dissolution prior to surgical removal. Prevention of incrustations of indwelling urinary tract catheters.
Renal calculi: Irrigate with sterile saline at 60mL/hr after fourth or fifth post-operative day and increase until pain, elevated pressure or a maximum of 120mL/hr is achieved; then start Renacidin at max rate achieved with saline. Bladder calculi: 30mL through urinary catheter into bladder, clamp for 30–60 minutes, drain bladder; repeat 4–6 times a day. Catheter incrustation: 30mL through catheter, clamp for 10 minutes, drain; repeat 3 times daily.
UTIs (obtain urine culture prior to use). Urinary tract extravasation.
Monitor magnesium, phosphate, serum creatinine, intrapelvic pressure, and for UTI or catheter obstruction; discontinue if these increase or severe urothelial edema on X-ray occur. Impaired renal function. Maintain catheter patency. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Concomitant magnesium: not recommended.
Transient flank pain, urthelial ulceration and/or edema, fever, UTI, back pain, dysuria, transient hematuria, nausea, hypermagnesemia, hyperphosphatemia, elevated serum creatinine, candidiasis, bladder irritation.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder