Generic Name and Formulations:
Treprostinil 1mg/mL, 2.5mg/mL, 5mg/mL, 10mg/mL; soln for SC or IV continuous infusion.
United Therapeutics Corp.
Indications for REMODULIN:
Pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) in patients with NYHA Class II–IV symptoms, to diminish symptoms associated with exercise. PAH patients requiring transition from Flolan (epoprostenol), to reduce the rate of clinical deterioration.
>16yrs: Give preferably by SC infusion; if not tolerated, may give by IV infusion (dilution required). Treatment-naïve: Initially 1.25ng/kg/min (or 0.625ng/kg/min, if not tolerated); may increase dose based on response by increments of 1.25ng/kg/min per week for 1st 4 weeks of treatment, then 2.5ng/kg/min per week. Doses >40ng/kg/min: limited experience. Mild-to-moderate hepatic insufficiency: initially 0.625ng/kg/min; increase cautiously. Severe hepatic insufficiency: not studied. Transition from Flolan (epoprostenol): increase treprostinil dose gradually as the epoprostenol dose is decreased, based on response; see full labeling.
≤16yrs: not recommended.
Should be administered by experienced clinicians in PAH diagnosis and treatment. IV route: risk of blood stream infections and sepsis; may be fatal. Avoid abrupt withdrawal or sudden large dose reduction. Hepatic or renal insufficiency; titrate gradually. Elderly. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Increased risk of symptomatic hypotension with concomitant diuretics, antihypertensives, other vasodilators. May be potentiated by CYP2C8 inhibitor (eg, gemfibrozil). May be antagonized by CYP2C8 inducer (eg, rifampin). Increased risk of bleeding with anticoagulants.
Infusion reactions/site pain, headache, diarrhea, nausea, jaw pain, vasodilatation, dizziness, edema, pruritus, hypotension.
Multidose vials (20mL)—1
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder