REMERON SOLTAB Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Mirtazapine 15mg, 30mg, 45mg; orally-disintegrating tabs; orange flavor; contains phenylalanine.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for REMERON SOLTAB:
Major depressive disorder.
Initially 15mg once daily at bedtime; increase at intervals of at least 1–2 weeks; max 45mg/day. SolTab: Dissolve on tongue and swallow with or without water.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant linezolid or IV methylene blue.
Increased risk of suicidal thinking and behavior in children, adolescents and young adults; monitor for clinical worsening or unusual changes. Screen for bipolar disorder. Risk of agranulocytosis; monitor for signs/symptoms of infection. Monitor for serotonin syndrome; discontinue if occurs. Angle-closure glaucoma. Hepatic or moderate-to-severe renal dysfunction. Diseases that affect metabolism or hemodynamic response. History of mania/hypomania. Seizure disorders. History of MI, angina or ischemic stroke. Dehydration. Hypovolemia. Avoid abrupt cessation. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Increased risk of serotonin syndrome with other serotonergic drugs (eg, triptans, tricyclic antidepressants, fentanyl, lithium, tramadol, tryptophan, buspirone, St. John's Wort) or with drugs that impair serotonin metabolism (eg, MAOIs, linezolid, IV methylene blue). Concomitant diazepam: not recommended. Caution with drugs metabolized by and/or that inhibit CYP450. Avoid alcohol. Concomitant warfarin; monitor INR.
Central alpha-2 antagonist.
Somnolence, increased appetite, weight gain, dizziness, nausea, dry mouth, constipation, asthenia; akathisia, hypo- or hypertension, elevated cholesterol, triglycerides, or transaminases; rarely; hyponatremia (esp. elderly), agranulocytosis.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Unnecessary Costs Associated With Low-Cost, Low-Value Health Services
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?