Generic Name and Formulations:
Immobilized lipase (iLipase); per cartridge.
Alcresta Therapeutics, Inc.
Indications for RELiZORB:
To hydrolyze fats in enteral formula in patients ≥5yrs.
Adults and Children:
<5yrs: not established. ≥5yrs: use with enteral pump flow rates 24–120mL/hr. Use 1 cartridge for up to 500mL of enteral formula; if formula volume >500mL, may install a second cartridge for use immediately; max 2 cartridges per 24hr period. If formula volume <500mL per feeding, discard cartridge after use. For compatible enteral formulas, pumps, feed sets, and pump extension sets: see full labeling.
For use with enteral feeding only. Do not connect to any IV line, set up, or system. Do not reuse. Not for use with gravity feed systems. Monitor patients with fibrosing colonopathy; may progress to stricture formation. Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency: not studied.
Avoid enteral formulas containing insoluble fiber. Do not administer or add other medications through the cartridge or to the enteral feed line (in between the pump and cartridge). Concomitant porcine pancreatic enzyme replacement therapy: not studied.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Comorbid Narcolepsy and Schizophrenia in Adolescents
- FDA Approves New Treatment for Opioid Dependence
- Gestational Diabetes Associated With Increased Risk for Postpartum Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Smartphone-Based Psychoeducational Programs May Be Effective for Bipolar Disorder Management
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Risk Factors for Recurrent Suicide Attempts in Substance Use Disorder Outpatients