Generic Name and Formulations:
Thrombin [recombinant] 5000 IU, 20000 IU; per vial; pwd for topical use after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Indications for RECOTHROM:
Aid to hemostasis for minor bleeding/oozing from capillaries and venules when standard surgical techniques are inadequate or ineffective. May use with absorbable gelatin sponge.
Apply directly to bleeding area, or soak into absorbable gelatin sponge and apply in a single layer.
Not for direct injection into circulatory system. Not for treatment of massive or brisk arterial bleeding. Hypersensitivity to hamster proteins.
Avoid systemic absorption (thrombosis may occur). Hypersensitivity to snake proteins. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Incision site complication, infection, pain, bleeding, nausea/vomiting, cardiac events, thromboembolic events.
Single-use vial (5000 IU, 20000 IU)—1 (w. diluent, supplies)
20000 IU Recothrom kit (co-packaged with ZymoGenetics Spray Applicator Kit)—1
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Maternal Glucocorticoid Exposure Not Associated With ADHD in Offspring
- Ketamine Not Associated With PTSD Development in Military Trauma Setting
- Content, Quality Issues for Both Paper-Based and Electronic Health Records