Generic Name and Formulations:
Thrombin [recombinant] 5000 IU, 20000 IU; per vial; pwd for topical use after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Indications for RECOTHROM:
Aid to hemostasis for minor bleeding/oozing from capillaries and venules when standard surgical techniques are inadequate or ineffective. May use with absorbable gelatin sponge.
Apply directly to bleeding area, or soak into absorbable gelatin sponge and apply in a single layer.
Not for direct injection into circulatory system. Not for treatment of massive or brisk arterial bleeding. Hypersensitivity to hamster proteins.
Avoid systemic absorption (thrombosis may occur). Hypersensitivity to snake proteins. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Incision site complication, infection, pain, bleeding, nausea/vomiting, cardiac events, thromboembolic events.
Single-use vial (5000 IU, 20000 IU)—1 (w. diluent, supplies)
20000 IU Recothrom kit (co-packaged with ZymoGenetics Spray Applicator Kit)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Rapid Cycling Bipolar Disorder Associated With ADHD and Female Gender
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Symptom Trajectories Vary According to Language Development in Autism
- Quetiapine Exposure Does Not Appear to Increase Risk for Infant Malformations
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children