Generic Name and Formulations:
Silodosin 4mg, 8mg; caps.
Indications for RAPAFLO:
Benign prostatic hyperplasia.
Take with food once daily. Normal renal function: 8mg. Renal impairment (CrCl 30–50mL/min): 4mg. Difficulty swallowing pills/caps: may open caps and sprinkle contents on a tablespoonful of applesauce; swallow immediately (within 5mins) without chewing and follow with an 8oz glass of water.
Severe renal impairment (CrCl <30mL/min). Severe hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh score ≥10). Concomitant potent CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole, itraconazole, clarithromycin, ritonavir).
Not for treating hypertension. Exclude prostate cancer. Anticipated cataract surgery (may cause intraoperative floppy iris syndrome; advise ophthalmologist). Pregnancy (Cat.B), nursing mothers: not applicable (not indicated for use in women).
See Contraindications. Concomitant other α-blockers, other strong P-glycoprotein inhibitors (eg, cyclosporine): not recommended. May be potentiated by moderate CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, erythromycin, diltiazem, verapamil). Caution with other antihypertensives or PDE-5 inhibitors.
Retrograde ejaculation, dizziness, diarrhea, orthostatic hypotension, headache, nasopharyngitis, nasal congestion.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Maternal Glucocorticoid Exposure Not Associated With ADHD in Offspring
- Ketamine Not Associated With PTSD Development in Military Trauma Setting
- Content, Quality Issues for Both Paper-Based and Electronic Health Records