Generic Name and Formulations:
Edaravone 30mg/100mL; soln for IV infusion; contain sulfites.
Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma America
Indications for RADICAVA:
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
Give as IV infusion over 60mins. Initial cycle: 60mg (given as two consecutive 30mg infusions) daily for 14 days, followed by 14 days off. Subsequent cycles: 60mg daily for 10 days out of 14-day periods, followed by 14 days off.
Monitor for hypersensitivity reactions; discontinue and treat if occur. Asthma. Sulfite sensitivity. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Free radical scavenger.
Confusion, gait disturbance, headache, dermatitis, eczema, respiratory failure/disorders, hypoxia, glycosuria, tinea infection; hypersensitivity reactions, anaphylaxis.
Single-dose bags—1, 2
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder