Generic Name and Formulations:
Edaravone 30mg/100mL; soln for IV infusion; contain sulfites.
Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma America
Indications for RADICAVA:
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
Give as IV infusion over 60mins. Initial cycle: 60mg (given as two consecutive 30mg infusions) daily for 14 days, followed by 14 days off. Subsequent cycles: 60mg daily for 10 days out of 14-day periods, followed by 14 days off.
Monitor for hypersensitivity reactions; discontinue and treat if occur. Asthma. Sulfite sensitivity. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Free radical scavenger.
Confusion, gait disturbance, headache, dermatitis, eczema, respiratory failure/disorders, hypoxia, glycosuria, tinea infection; hypersensitivity reactions, anaphylaxis.
Single-dose bags—1, 2
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Panel Recommends Earlier Body Weight Monitoring in Use of Mood Stabilizers
- Nondaily Cigarette Use Increasing Among Individuals With Mental Health, Substance Use Disorders
- Cesarean Delivery, Early Childhood Antibiotic Use Not Associated With Risk for ADHD
- Uncertainty as a Form of Violence: Current Immigration Policy and Crisis
- FDA Gets Tough on Juul, Other Electronic Cigarette Makers