QUILLICHEW ER CII
Generic Name and Formulations:
Methylphenidate HCl 20mg+, 30mg+, 40mg; ext-rel chew tabs; scored (+); cherry flavored; contains phenylalanine.
Indications for QUILLICHEW ER:
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Adults and Children:
<6yrs: not established. ≥6yrs: Individualize. Initially 20mg once daily in the AM. May titrate dose in 10mg, 15mg, or 20mg increments. Doses >60mg: not recommended. Discontinue if no improvement seen after dose adjustment over 1 month.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Do not substitute for other methylphenidate products on a mg-per-mg basis. High potential for abuse and dependence; monitor. Assess cardiovascular status prior to initiation. Avoid in known structural cardiac abnormalities, cardiomyopathy, serious arrhythmias, coronary artery disease, or other cardiac problems. Pre-existing psychotic disorder. Depression. Bipolar disorder. Screen for risk factors in developing a manic episode prior to initiating. Consider discontinuing if new psychotic or manic symptoms occur. Peripheral vasculopathy, including Raynaud's phenomenon; monitor for digital changes. Monitor growth (in children), BP, HR. Reduce dose or discontinue if paradoxical aggravation of symptoms occurs. Reevaluate periodically. Phenylketonuria. Neonates. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
See Contraindications. Avoid alcohol. Concomitant MAOIs can cause hypertensive crisis.
Appetite decreased, insomnia, nausea, vomiting, dyspepsia, abdominal pain, weight decreased, anxiety, dizziness, irritability, affect lability, tachycardia, BP increased; priapism.
ER chew tabs—100
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder