Generic Name and Formulations:
Ethylenediaminetetramethylenephosphonic acid (EDTMP) 35mg, Ca 5.3mg, Na 14.1mg (equivalent to Ca/Na EDTMP 44mg), samarium 5–46mcg, 1850 +/- 185MBq of samarium-153; per mL; soln for IV inj; preservative-free.
Lantheus Medical Imaging
Indications for QUADRAMET:
For relief of pain in patients with confirmed osteoblastic metastatic bone lesions that enhance on radionuclide bone scan.
Ingest a minimum of 500mL of fluids prior to injection and void as often as possible after injection. 1mCi/kg IV over a period of 1 minute through a secure in-dwelling catheter and followed with a saline flush. Radiation dosimetry: see full labeling.
<16yrs: not established.
Should be administered by personnel familiar with radioactive drugs. Compromised bone marrow reserve: not recommended. Cancer patients whose platelet counts are falling or who have findings suggesting disseminated intravascular coagulation. CHF. Renal impairment. Hypocalcemia. Maintain adequate hydration. Thin or obese patients. Monitor blood counts weekly for at least 8 weeks, or until recovery of adequate bone marrow function. Incontinent patients; perform bladder catheterization to minimize radioactive contamination of patients environment. Blood or urine on clothing: wash separately or store for 1–2 weeks to allow for radioactive decay. Latex allergy. Pregnancy (Cat.D); should have negative pregnancy tests before administration; use effective contraception after administration. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Radioactive + chelating agent.
Concomitant chemotherapy or external beam radiation may cause additive effects on bone marrow suppression; avoid.
Thrombocytopenia, leukopenia, decreased hemoglobin, nausea, vomiting, fever/chills, infection, pain flare reaction, myasthenia, arrhythmias, hematuria; spinal cord compression, agranulocytosis.
Single-dose vial (3mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Comorbid Narcolepsy and Schizophrenia in Adolescents
- Ketamine in Electroconvulsive Therapy Accelerates Antidepressive Effects
- Quetiapine Exposure Does Not Appear to Increase Risk for Infant Malformations
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children