Generic Name and Formulations:
Diphtheria and tetanus toxoids, acellular pertussis; aluminum phosphate adsorbed + inactivated poliovirus vaccine; susp for IM inj; contains 2-phenoxyethanol, and residual amounts of formaldehyde, glutaraldehyde, bovine serum albumin, neomycin, polymyxin B; preservative-free.
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
Indications for QUADRACEL:
Active immunization against diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, and poliomyelitis in children 4–6yrs of age: as 5th dose in DTaP series or as 4th or 5th dose in the IPV series following 4 doses of Pentacel and/or Daptacel.
<4yrs or >6yrs: not established. 4–6yrs: Each dose is 0.5mL IM, given once into deltoid muscle.
Anaphylaxis associated with any previous dose or component. Encephalopathy within 7 days of a previous pertussis-containing vaccine. Progressive neurologic disorders (eg, infantile spasms, uncontrolled epilepsy, or progressive encephalopathy).
Fever (≥105°F within 48 hours), persistent inconsolable crying (≥3 hours within 48 hours), shock (within 48 hours), seizures (within 3 days), Guillain-Barre Syndrome (within 6 weeks) of previous tetanus toxoid-containing vaccine. Immunocompromised. Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Concomitant vaccines: see full labeling. Immunosuppressants (eg, radiation, chemotherapy, high-dose steroids): may get suboptimal response.
DTaP + IPV.
Inj site reactions (eg, pain, increase in arm circumference, erythema, swelling), mylagia, malaise, headache, fever.
Single-dose vials (0.5mL)—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders