Generic Name and Formulations:
Diphtheria and tetanus toxoids, acellular pertussis; aluminum phosphate adsorbed + inactivated poliovirus vaccine; susp for IM inj; contains 2-phenoxyethanol, and residual amounts of formaldehyde, glutaraldehyde, bovine serum albumin, neomycin, polymyxin B; preservative-free.
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
Indications for QUADRACEL:
Active immunization against diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, and poliomyelitis in children 4–6yrs of age: as 5th dose in DTaP series or as 4th or 5th dose in the IPV series following 4 doses of Pentacel and/or Daptacel.
<4yrs or >6yrs: not established. 4–6yrs: Each dose is 0.5mL IM, given once into deltoid muscle.
Anaphylaxis associated with any previous dose or component. Encephalopathy within 7 days of a previous pertussis-containing vaccine. Progressive neurologic disorders (eg, infantile spasms, uncontrolled epilepsy, or progressive encephalopathy).
Fever (≥105°F within 48 hours), persistent inconsolable crying (≥3 hours within 48 hours), shock (within 48 hours), seizures (within 3 days), Guillain-Barre Syndrome (within 6 weeks) of previous tetanus toxoid-containing vaccine. Immunocompromised. Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Concomitant vaccines: see full labeling. Immunosuppressants (eg, radiation, chemotherapy, high-dose steroids): may get suboptimal response.
DTaP + IPV.
Inj site reactions (eg, pain, increase in arm circumference, erythema, swelling), mylagia, malaise, headache, fever.
Single-dose vials (0.5mL)—10
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder