Generic Name and Formulations:
Beclomethasone dipropionate 40mcg, 80mcg; per actuation; non-aqueous nasal spray soln.
Indications for QNASL:
Seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis.
Adults and Children:
<4yrs: not established. 4–11yrs: 1 spray (40mcg) in each nostril once daily; max: 2 sprays per day. ≥12yrs: 2 sprays (80mcg) in each nostril once daily; max: 4 sprays per day.
Avoid in recent nasal septal ulcers, nasal surgery, or nasal trauma until healed. Monitor periodically for possible changes in nasal mucosa or Candida infection with long-term use. Discontinue if nasal erosion/ulceration or Candida infection occur (treat with local therapy). Change in vision, history of increased intraocular pressure, blurred vision, glaucoma, and/or cataracts: monitor closely. Respiratory tract tuberculosis. Untreated infections (eg, fungal, bacterial, viral, ocular herpes simplex). If exposed to measles or chickenpox, consider anti-infective prophylactic therapy. If adrenal insufficiency exists following systemic corticosteroid therapy, replacement with intranasal corticosteroids may exacerbate symptoms of adrenal insufficiency (eg, lassitude, depression). Monitor for hypercorticism and adrenal suppression (if occur discontinue gradually). Monitor for growth suppression in children. Avoid eyes, mouth and face. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Nasal discomfort, epistaxis, headache, pyrexia, upper respiratory tract infection, nasopharyngitis; hypersensitivity reactions (discontinue if occurs).
Aerosol 40mcg—4.9g (60 actuations), 8.7g (120 actuations); 80mcg—8.7g (120 actuations)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Comorbid Narcolepsy and Schizophrenia in Adolescents
- FDA Approves New Treatment for Opioid Dependence
- Gestational Diabetes Associated With Increased Risk for Postpartum Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Smartphone-Based Psychoeducational Programs May Be Effective for Bipolar Disorder Management
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Risk Factors for Recurrent Suicide Attempts in Substance Use Disorder Outpatients