Generic Name and Formulations:
Dornase alfa (recombinant human DNase) 1mg/mL; soln for inh; preservative-free.
Indications for PULMOZYME:
Management of cystic fibrosis in conjunction with standard therapies to improve pulmonary function.
Adults and Children:
<3months: not recommended. Use appropriate nebulizer. Do not dilute. >5yrs: 2.5mg once daily via nebulization; may increase to 2.5mg twice daily (see literature).
For patients <5yrs of age, use only if there is a potential for benefit in pulmonary function or in risk of respiratory tract infection. Use only with recommended nebulizers. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Do not mix with other drugs in nebulizer.
Pharyngitis, voice alteration, laryngitis, rash, chest pain, conjunctivitis.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder