Generic Name and Formulations:
Dornase alfa (recombinant human DNase) 1mg/mL; soln for inh; preservative-free.
Indications for PULMOZYME:
Management of cystic fibrosis in conjunction with standard therapies to improve pulmonary function.
Adults and Children:
<3months: not recommended. Use appropriate nebulizer. Do not dilute. >5yrs: 2.5mg once daily via nebulization; may increase to 2.5mg twice daily (see literature).
For patients <5yrs of age, use only if there is a potential for benefit in pulmonary function or in risk of respiratory tract infection. Use only with recommended nebulizers. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Do not mix with other drugs in nebulizer.
Pharyngitis, voice alteration, laryngitis, rash, chest pain, conjunctivitis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age