Intensive short-term dynamic psychotherapy is tailored to the patient's anxiety tolerance.
Borderline personality disorder symptoms, self-harm, and suicide were effectively reduced by psychotherapy treatment.
Psychotherapy session appears most effective in the morning when cortisol levels are high.
This may be the first study demonstrating improvement in cognitive symptoms in breast cancer survivors with long-term memory complaints.
Cognitive behavioral therapy is an effective method of chronic pain treatment, either alone or in conjunction with other pain therapies.
The number and timing of follow-up psychotherapy visits may be inadequate to deliver evidence-based psychotherapy.
Transference-focused psychotherapy is associated with alterations in frontolimbic circuitry in borderline personality disorder.
Researchers discovered unpublished studies on psychotherapy that found the benefit of it not as great as thought.
Psychotherapy is useful in treating bulimia and binge eating, while anorexia remains the most difficult eating disorder to tackle.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Cardioprotective Treatment May Reduce Adverse Effects in Schizophrenia
- The Challenges of Identifying Biomarkers of Psychiatric Illness
- FDA Approves Powerful New Opioid Despite Criticisms
- Impulsivity in Bipolar Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, ADHD
- Oral Therapy for Suicidal Bipolar Depression Gets Breakthrough Designation
- Cannabis Use in Adolescence Associated With Poorer Mental Health Outcomes
- Updates in Borderline Personality Disorder: Your Questions Answered
- Violent Video Games Tied to Physical Aggression
- Shame Drives Suicidal Ideation Among Veterans With PTSD
- Long-term Healthy Diet Associated With Greater Hippocampal Volumes
- FDA to Ban Most Flavored Electronic Cigarettes
- Predictors of CBT Outcomes Identified in Youths With Anxiety Disorders
- Happy Childhood Memories Associated With Better Health
- FDA Launches MyStudies Mobile App in Effort to Increase Access to Real World Patient Data
- Heart Rate Variability Predicts Treatment Response in Anxious Depression