Intensive short-term dynamic psychotherapy is tailored to the patient's anxiety tolerance.
Borderline personality disorder symptoms, self-harm, and suicide were effectively reduced by psychotherapy treatment.
Psychotherapy session appears most effective in the morning when cortisol levels are high.
This may be the first study demonstrating improvement in cognitive symptoms in breast cancer survivors with long-term memory complaints.
Cognitive behavioral therapy is an effective method of chronic pain treatment, either alone or in conjunction with other pain therapies.
The number and timing of follow-up psychotherapy visits may be inadequate to deliver evidence-based psychotherapy.
Transference-focused psychotherapy is associated with alterations in frontolimbic circuitry in borderline personality disorder.
Researchers discovered unpublished studies on psychotherapy that found the benefit of it not as great as thought.
Psychotherapy is useful in treating bulimia and binge eating, while anorexia remains the most difficult eating disorder to tackle.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Cost-Effectiveness of Atomoxetine for Treating Children with ADHD
- Efficacy of Drugs for Psychosis, Relapse Prevention for Bipolar Depression, Mania
- No Evidence of Cognitive Impairment With Lisdexamfetamine Dimesylate in ADHD
- Differential Testosterone Levels in Men, Women With Schizophrenia
- Intervention Improves Quality of Life, Agitation in Nursing Home Patients With Dementia
- Substance-Induced Psychosis Associated With Development of Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder
- Neuropsychiatric Events May Be Linked to Nitrated Nucleosome Levels in Lupus
- New APA Guideline Recommendation for Treatment of Alcohol Use Disorder
- Reducing PTSD Symptoms: Propranolol Before Reactivation Therapy
- Cannabis Use Associated With Subsequent Psychotic Experiences in Adolescents
- Antidepressants More Effective Than Placebo for Acute Depression in Adults
- Positive Beliefs About Age May Protect Older Adults Against Dementia
- Electrical Stimulation of Amygdala May Improve Long-Term Memory
- Negative Symptoms of Schizophrenia May Be Reduced With MIN-101
- Apathy: An Important Predictor of Employment in Huntington Disease