Psych Congress 2017
Different clinical and neurobiologic pathways may be involved in treatment-resistant schizophrenia as it is not a homogeneous subgroup within the schizophrenia spectrum.
While there has been increasing understanding of Alzheimer's neuropathology, little is known about the relationship between progression of agitation and disease severity.
Augmentation therapy for treatment-resistant major depressive disorder includes multiple options with different strengths and limitations.
Combination treatment may provide relief from the distinctive symptoms of severe, recurrent temper outbursts and persistent irritability.
Benefits of telehealth in psychiatry include lower cost of care, higher rates of healthcare utilization, and fewer missed appointments.
Recent changes in our understanding of autism are driving advances in diagnosis, evidence-based treatment, and ultimately patient outcomes.
Traumatic brain injury is a significant burden on the US health system and is a contributing factor in one-third of all injury-related deaths.
New pharmacotherapies in combination with psychotherapy and counseling have proven effective in preventing relapse.
Shared decision making encourages a clinical partnership that can result in optimal treatment outcomes.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Sertraline Effective for Treating Depression in Vascular Cognitive Impairment
- Hospitalization Rates in Schizophrenia—Lurasidone vs Quetiapine
- Ketamine-Induced Dissociative Symptoms Predict Antidepressant Response
- First Nonopioid Drug Approved for Managing Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms
- Review Examines the Effectiveness of Antidepressants for Insomnia
- Video Games and Exercise as Alternative Therapies for ADHD
- How Parents Can Enhance Autism Treatment: Use of Intervention Strategies at Home
- Electroconvulsive Therapy Effective in Children With Autism
- Comorbid Autism Spectrum Disorder and OCD: Challenges in Diagnosis and Treatment
- The Cutting Edge of Schizophrenia Research: VR as Treatment for Psychosis
- Antidepressant Use May Be Linked With Sustained Risk for Weight Gain
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Family History of Psychiatric Disorders an Important Predictor of Postpartum Psychiatric Illness
- Increased Risk for Type 2 Diabetes in Adolescents, Young Adults With ADHD
- Worse Cognitive Outcomes Associated With CMV Antibodies Following ART for HIV