PROSTIN E2 Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Dinoprostone 20mg; per vaginal suppository.
Indications for PROSTIN E2:
For the termination of pregnancy from the 12th through the 20th gestational weeks. For the evacuation of the uterine contents in the management of missed abortion or intrauterine fetal death up to 28 weeks of gestational age. Management of nonmetastatic gestational trophoblastic disease (benign hydatidiform mole).
Insert one supp high into vagina. Remain in supine position for 10 minutes following insertion. May insert subsequent supp at 3–5 hour intervals until abortion occurs. Continuous administration for more than 2 days is not recommended.
Acute pelvic inflammatory disease. Active cardiac, pulmonary, renal or hepatic disease.
Should only be used by trained medical professional in a hospital setting. Not indicated if fetus in utero has reached the stage of viability. Not for use in cervical ripening or other indication in patients with term pregnancy. Asthma. Hypo-or hypertension. Anemia. Jaundice. Diabetes. Epilepsy. History of cardiac, renal, or hepatic disease. Cervicitis. Infected endocervical lesions. Acute vaginitis. Compromised (scarred) uteri. Remove supp if hypersensitivity reaction is suspected. Pregnancy.
Concomitant other oxytocic agents: not recommended.
Vomiting, transient pyrexia (see full labeling re: PGEs induced pyrexia vs. endometritis pyrexia), diarrhea, nausea, headache, chills, transient decrease in BP; MI in patients with history of CVD, hypersensitivity.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder