Generic Name and Formulations:
Dipivefrin HCl 0.1%; oph. soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Indications for PROPINE:
Initial therapy for the control of intraocular pressure in chronic open-angle glaucoma.
1 drop every 12 hrs. Transferring from antiglaucoma agents other than epinephrine: on the first day continue previous medication and add 1 drop of Propine in each eye every 12 hours; on the following day, discontinue previous antiglaucoma agent. Transferring from conventional epinephrine therapy: discontinue epinephrine medication and institute Propine regimen. If additional therapy is required, add 1 drop of Propine every 12 hours to other antiglaucoma agents. Concomitant therapy: may add Propine to pilocarpine, carbachol, echothiophate iodide or acetazolamide for difficult to control patients.
Aphakic patients are at increased risk of developing maculopathy; monitor visual acuity closely. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Local effects (eg, injection, burning, stinging, follicular conjunctivitis, pain, mydriasis, blurry vision, pruritus, adrenochrome deposits in the conjunctiva and cornea), headache, allergic reaction, cardiovascular effects (eg, tachycardia, arrhythmias, hypertension).
Soln—5mL, 10mL, 15mL
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder