Generic Name and Formulations:
Bromfenac 0.07%; oph soln; contains benzalkonium chloride, sulfites.
Bausch & Lomb Inc.
Indications for PROLENSA:
Post-operative inflammation and reduction of ocular pain following cataract surgery.
≥18yrs: 1 drop into the affected eye once daily beginning 1 day prior to surgery, continued on the day of surgery, and through the first 14 days post-op. May be given with other topical ophthalmics (eg, alpha-agonists, beta-blockers, carbonic anhydrase inhibitors, cycloplegics, mydriatics); administer at least 5 mins apart.
<18yrs: not established.
Sulfite sensitivity. Asthma. May slow or delay wound healing. Bleeding tendencies. Corneal defects/denervation. Ocular surface diseases. Rheumatoid arthritis. Diabetes. Monitor cornea; discontinue if corneal epithelial breakdown occurs. Risk of corneal adverse events may be increased if used >24hrs before surgery, or beyond 14-days post-op. Contact lenses (remove prior to therapy). Pregnancy (avoid during late pregnancy). Nursing mothers.
Concomitant topical corticosteroids may potentiate healing problems. Caution with concomitant drugs that prolong bleeding time.
Anterior chamber inflammation, foreign body sensation, eye pain, photophobia, blurred vision; keratitis, corneal reactions (eg, epithelial breakdown, thinning, erosion, ulceration/perforation).
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Unnecessary Costs Associated With Low-Cost, Low-Value Health Services
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?