Generic Name and Formulations:
Alpha1-proteinase inhibitor (human) 1000mg/vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Grifols Biologicals, Inc.
- Cognitive Impairment May Predict Persistent Psychosis in Ketamine Users
- Prevalence of ADHD Relatively Stable Over Time Despite Increase in Diagnoses
- Examining the Relationship Between Synthetic Cannabinoid Use and Hospital Length of Stay, Antipsychotic Doses in Bipolar Disorder
Indications for PROLASTIN-C:
For chronic augmentation and maintenance therapy in adults with clinical evidence of emphysema due to severe alpha1-proteinase inhibitor deficiency.
Give by IV infusion at a rate of 0.08mL/kg/min. 60mg/kg once weekly.
IgA deficient patients with antibodies against IgA.
Contains human plasma; monitor for possible infection transmission (eg, viruses, Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease agent). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Upper respiratory tract infection, UTI, nausea, pain, chills, cough, dizziness, dyspnea, headache, hot flush, oral candidiasis; rash, hypersensitivity reactions (discontinue if occur).
Single-use vial—1 (w. diluent + needles)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Examining Rates of Long-term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Mortality Rates for Substance Use Disorders, Intentional Injuries Vary Widely By Country
- Facial Emotion Recognition Differentiates Behavioral Variant Frontotemporal Dementia From MDD
- The Challenge of Helping Uninsured Patients While Protecting Practice Finances
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed