Generic Name and Formulations:
Alpha1-proteinase inhibitor (human) 1000mg/vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Grifols Biologicals, Inc.
Indications for PROLASTIN-C:
For chronic augmentation and maintenance therapy in adults with clinical evidence of emphysema due to severe alpha1-proteinase inhibitor deficiency.
Give by IV infusion at a rate of 0.08mL/kg/min. 60mg/kg once weekly.
IgA deficient patients with antibodies against IgA.
Contains human plasma; monitor for possible infection transmission (eg, viruses, Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease agent). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Upper respiratory tract infection, UTI, nausea, pain, chills, cough, dizziness, dyspnea, headache, hot flush, oral candidiasis; rash, hypersensitivity reactions (discontinue if occur).
Single-use vial—1 (w. diluent + needles)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder