Generic Name and Formulations:
Gadoteridol 279.3mg/mL; soln for IV inj; preservative-free.
Indications for PROHANCE:
For use in MRI in adults and children ≥2 years of age to visualize lesions with abnormal vascularity in the brain (intracranial lesions), spine and associated tissues. For use in MRI in adults to visualize lesions in the head and neck.
Give as rapid IV infusion (10–60mL/min) or bolus (>60mL/min). CNS: 0.2mL/kg; a second dose of 0.4mL/kg may be given up to 30 minutes after the first in patients suspected of having poorly enhancing lesions. Extracranial/extraspinal tissues: 0.2mL/kg.
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: CNS: 0.2mL/kg.
Chronic, severe kidney disease (GFR<30mL/min/1.73m2), acute kidney injury: increased risk of nephrogenic systemic fibrosis; avoid unless necessary, allow sufficient period of time for elimination prior to re-administration. Screen for acute kidney injury and other conditions that reduce renal function (eg, >60yrs, hypertension, diabetes). Sickle cell anemia and other hemoglobinopathies. Renal or hepatic failure. Seizure disorder. History of asthma/allergic disorders. Anaphylactoid reaction possible (may be fatal); have emergency resuscitative equipment available. Avoid extravasation. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Gadolinium-based contrast agent.
Nausea, taste perversion.
Single-dose vials (5mL, 10mL, 15mL, 20mL)—5; Prefilled syringe (10mL, 17mL)—5
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder