PROFILNINE SD Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Coagulation Factor IX complex (human) 500 IU, 1000 IU, 1500 IU; per vial; lyophilized concentrate for IV infusion after reconstitution; contains Factor X, Factor II, Factor VII; preservative-free.
Grifols Biologicals, Inc.
Indications for PROFILNINE SD:
Prevention and control of bleeding in Hemophilia B.
Dosage Required (IU) = Body Weight (kg) × Desired Factor IX increase × 1 IU/kg. Individualize. Max infusion rate: 10mL/min. Mild to moderate hemorrhage: give single dose to increase Factor IX 20–30%. Serious hemorrhage: give daily infusions to increase Factor IX 30–50%. Surgery: increase Factor IX by 30–50% for at least 1 week post-op. Dental extraction: increase Factor IX to 50% immediately prior to procedure; may give additional doses if bleeding recurs.
Not for treating Factor VII deficiency. Contains human plasma; monitor for possible infection transmission. Liver disease, prolonged treatment duration or if undergoing surgery: increased risk of disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC) and thrombosis. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Coagulation factor complex.
Urticaria, fever, chills, GI upset, headache, somnolence, lethargy, flushing, tingling; hypersensitivity reactions, thrombosis, DIC.
Report all infections suspected to be transmitted by Profilnine SD to (888) 675-2762.
Single-use vials—1 (w. diluent, supplies)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Unnecessary Costs Associated With Low-Cost, Low-Value Health Services
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?