PROFILNINE SD Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Coagulation Factor IX complex (human) 500 IU, 1000 IU, 1500 IU; per vial; lyophilized concentrate for IV infusion after reconstitution; contains Factor X, Factor II, Factor VII; preservative-free.
Grifols Biologicals, Inc.
Indications for PROFILNINE SD:
Prevention and control of bleeding in Hemophilia B.
Dosage Required (IU) = Body Weight (kg) × Desired Factor IX increase × 1 IU/kg. Individualize. Max infusion rate: 10mL/min. Mild to moderate hemorrhage: give single dose to increase Factor IX 20–30%. Serious hemorrhage: give daily infusions to increase Factor IX 30–50%. Surgery: increase Factor IX by 30–50% for at least 1 week post-op. Dental extraction: increase Factor IX to 50% immediately prior to procedure; may give additional doses if bleeding recurs.
Not for treating Factor VII deficiency. Contains human plasma; monitor for possible infection transmission. Liver disease, prolonged treatment duration or if undergoing surgery: increased risk of disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC) and thrombosis. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Coagulation factor complex.
Urticaria, fever, chills, GI upset, headache, somnolence, lethargy, flushing, tingling; hypersensitivity reactions, thrombosis, DIC.
Report all infections suspected to be transmitted by Profilnine SD to (888) 675-2762.
Single-use vials—1 (w. diluent, supplies)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders