PROFILNINE SD Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Coagulation Factor IX complex (human) 500 IU, 1000 IU, 1500 IU; per vial; lyophilized concentrate for IV infusion after reconstitution; contains Factor X, Factor II, Factor VII; preservative-free.
Grifols Biologicals, Inc.
Indications for PROFILNINE SD:
Prevention and control of bleeding in Hemophilia B.
Dosage Required (IU) = Body Weight (kg) × Desired Factor IX increase × 1 IU/kg. Individualize. Max infusion rate: 10mL/min. Mild to moderate hemorrhage: give single dose to increase Factor IX 20–30%. Serious hemorrhage: give daily infusions to increase Factor IX 30–50%. Surgery: increase Factor IX by 30–50% for at least 1 week post-op. Dental extraction: increase Factor IX to 50% immediately prior to procedure; may give additional doses if bleeding recurs.
Not for treating Factor VII deficiency. Contains human plasma; monitor for possible infection transmission. Liver disease, prolonged treatment duration or if undergoing surgery: increased risk of disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC) and thrombosis. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Coagulation factor complex.
Urticaria, fever, chills, GI upset, headache, somnolence, lethargy, flushing, tingling; hypersensitivity reactions, thrombosis, DIC.
Report all infections suspected to be transmitted by Profilnine SD to (888) 675-2762.
Single-use vials—1 (w. diluent, supplies)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Suicide Attempt Risk Among LGB Populations Higher Than Previously Estimated
- Residents Should Take Advantage of Paid Time Off
- Outpatient Engagement May Lower Suicide Attempts in Patients With Fibromyalgia
- Prevalence of Alzheimer Disease, Related Dementia Set to Double
- Forms of Childhood Adversity Related to First-Episode Psychosis Outcomes