PROAIR RESPICLICK Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Albuterol sulfate 90mcg/inh; dry pwd for oral inhalation with a dose counter.
Indications for PROAIR RESPICLICK:
Adults and Children:
<4yrs: not established. ≥4yrs: 2 inh every 4–6hrs; in some patients: 1 inh every 4hrs may suffice. Exercise-induced bronchospasm: 2 inh 15–30 mins before exercise.
Severe hypersensitivity to milk proteins.
Avoid excessive use. Sensitivity to sympathomimetics. Discontinue if paradoxical bronchospasm or cardiovascular effects occur. Cardiovascular disease (eg, coronary insufficiency, arrhythmias, hypertension). Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Seizure disorders. Reevaluate periodically. Elderly. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
During or within 2 weeks of MAOIs or tricyclics (increased cardiovascular effects); consider alternative therapy. Oral sympathomimetics: not recommended. Antagonized by β-blockers. Monitor digoxin. Caution with non-potassium sparing diuretics (eg, loop or thiazide); monitor.
Back pain, pain, viral gastroenteritis, sinus headache, urinary tract infection; children: nasopharyngitis, oropharyngeal pain, vomiting; hypokalemia, paradoxical bronchospasm, cardiovascular effects, immediate hypersensitivity reactions (eg, rash, urticaria, angioedema).
Inhaler (w. dose counter)—0.65g (200 inh)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder