PRIMATENE TABLETS OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ephedrine HCl 12.5mg, guaifenesin 200mg.
Pfizer Consumer Healthcare
Indications for PRIMATENE TABLETS:
Temporary relief of mild asthma symptoms. Cough.
Do not exceed recommended dose. 1–2 tabs every 4 hours as needed. Max: 12 tabs per 24 hours.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Asthma associated hospitalization. Cardiac disease. Hypertension. Diabetes. Thyroid disease. Seizures. Narrow angle glaucoma. Psychoses. GI or GU obstruction. Consult medical advice if symptoms worsen or do not improve within 60mins, or need 12 tabs in any day, or use >8 tabs/day for more than 3 days/week, or have >2 asthma attacks/week. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Sympathomimetic + expectorant.
Avoid caffeine-containing products, stimulant dietary supplements. Caution with other sympathomimetics (eg, phenylephrine, pseudoephedrine, ephedrine), weight control agents, antidepressants, sedatives.
Nervousness, insomnia, tachycardia, tremor, seizure.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Comorbid Narcolepsy and Schizophrenia in Adolescents
- FDA Approves New Treatment for Opioid Dependence
- Gestational Diabetes Associated With Increased Risk for Postpartum Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Smartphone-Based Psychoeducational Programs May Be Effective for Bipolar Disorder Management
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Risk Factors for Recurrent Suicide Attempts in Substance Use Disorder Outpatients