PRIMATENE TABLETS OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ephedrine HCl 12.5mg, guaifenesin 200mg.
Pfizer Consumer Healthcare
Indications for PRIMATENE TABLETS:
Temporary relief of mild asthma symptoms. Cough.
Do not exceed recommended dose. 1–2 tabs every 4 hours as needed. Max: 12 tabs per 24 hours.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Asthma associated hospitalization. Cardiac disease. Hypertension. Diabetes. Thyroid disease. Seizures. Narrow angle glaucoma. Psychoses. GI or GU obstruction. Consult medical advice if symptoms worsen or do not improve within 60mins, or need 12 tabs in any day, or use >8 tabs/day for more than 3 days/week, or have >2 asthma attacks/week. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Avoid caffeine-containing products, stimulant dietary supplements. Caution with other sympathomimetics (eg, phenylephrine, pseudoephedrine, ephedrine), weight control agents, antidepressants, sedatives.
Sympathomimetic + expectorant.
Nervousness, insomnia, tachycardia, tremor, seizure.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders