Generic Name and Formulations:
Lansoprazole 30mg (2 caps containing e-c granules), clarithromycin 500mg (2 tabs), amoxicillin 500mg (4 caps); per pack.
Indications for PREVPAC:
To eradicate H. pylori to reduce risk of duodenal ulcer recurrence.
Lansoprazole 30mg + clarithromycin 500mg + amoxicillin 1g, all twice daily for 10 or 14 days. Renal dysfunction (CrCl <30mL/min): not recommended.
Proton pump inhibitor + antibiotics (macrolide + penicillin).
For contraindications, precautions, interactions, and adverse reactions see entries for Prevacid, Biaxin, and Amoxil.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Unnecessary Costs Associated With Low-Cost, Low-Value Health Services
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?