PREPARATION H OINTMENT OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Petrolatum 71.9%, mineral oil 14%, shark liver oil 3%, phenylephrine HCl 0.25%.
Pfizer Consumer Healthcare
Indications for PREPARATION H OINTMENT:
Oint, crm: Apply up to 4 times daily. Supp: 1 rectally up to 4 times daily.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs or tricyclic antidepressants.
Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Diabetes. Thyroid disease. GU or GI obstruction. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Oint—1oz, 2oz; Crm—0.9oz, 1.8oz; Supp—12, 24, 48
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder