The Oregon Foundation for Reproductive Health recommends that all medical providers ask all female patients of reproductive age if they plan to become pregnant in the next year.
Lithium use in women of reproductive age or pregnant women may increase in the risk of cardiac malformations.
Effective methods to curb smoking during pregnancy include counseling, feedback, and monetary incentives.
The risk for offspring's development of psychosis is connected to maternal weight gain during pregnancy.
Treatment for subclinical hypothyroidism or hypothyroxinemia before 20 weeks of gestation is not associated with better cognitive outcomes in children.
Self-harm has been the leading cause of pregnancy-related deaths in Colorado between 2004 and 2012.
Effects of fetal exposure are yet to be determined.
Nicotine exposure during pregnancy through cigarette smoking is associated with schizophrenia in offspring.
Women who took vitamin B and folate supplements during pregnancy were less likely to have a child with autism.
Thirty-one percent of respondents believed that Zika is transmitted through coughing and sneezing.
Researchers found that intense behavioral health follow-up was crucial to reduce the occurrence of neonatal abstinence syndrome.
Oxytocin levels predicted the severity of postpartum depression symptoms among women with a history of depression.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder: Overview and Expert Perspectives
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation
- Healthcare Community Should Favor More Restrictive Alcohol Policies
- How to Respond to a Patient's Request for Prayer: A Clinician's Dilemma
- Major Barriers to Useful Risk Prediction Must Be Overcome to Reach the Full Potential of Big Data
- ACA Coverage Gains Include Workers Without Insurance
- Steps Provided for Discharging Patients From Practice