The Oregon Foundation for Reproductive Health recommends that all medical providers ask all female patients of reproductive age if they plan to become pregnant in the next year.
Lithium use in women of reproductive age or pregnant women may increase in the risk of cardiac malformations.
Effective methods to curb smoking during pregnancy include counseling, feedback, and monetary incentives.
The risk for offspring's development of psychosis is connected to maternal weight gain during pregnancy.
Treatment for subclinical hypothyroidism or hypothyroxinemia before 20 weeks of gestation is not associated with better cognitive outcomes in children.
Self-harm has been the leading cause of pregnancy-related deaths in Colorado between 2004 and 2012.
Effects of fetal exposure are yet to be determined.
Nicotine exposure during pregnancy through cigarette smoking is associated with schizophrenia in offspring.
Women who took vitamin B and folate supplements during pregnancy were less likely to have a child with autism.
Thirty-one percent of respondents believed that Zika is transmitted through coughing and sneezing.
Researchers found that intense behavioral health follow-up was crucial to reduce the occurrence of neonatal abstinence syndrome.
Oxytocin levels predicted the severity of postpartum depression symptoms among women with a history of depression.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Cost-Effectiveness of Atomoxetine for Treating Children with ADHD
- Efficacy of Drugs for Psychosis, Relapse Prevention for Bipolar Depression, Mania
- No Evidence of Cognitive Impairment With Lisdexamfetamine Dimesylate in ADHD
- Differential Testosterone Levels in Men, Women With Schizophrenia
- Intervention Improves Quality of Life, Agitation in Nursing Home Patients With Dementia
- Substance-Induced Psychosis Associated With Development of Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder
- Neuropsychiatric Events May Be Linked to Nitrated Nucleosome Levels in Lupus
- New APA Guideline Recommendation for Treatment of Alcohol Use Disorder
- Reducing PTSD Symptoms: Propranolol Before Reactivation Therapy
- Cannabis Use Associated With Subsequent Psychotic Experiences in Adolescents
- Antidepressants More Effective Than Placebo for Acute Depression in Adults
- Positive Beliefs About Age May Protect Older Adults Against Dementia
- Electrical Stimulation of Amygdala May Improve Long-Term Memory
- Negative Symptoms of Schizophrenia May Be Reduced With MIN-101
- Apathy: An Important Predictor of Employment in Huntington Disease