The Oregon Foundation for Reproductive Health recommends that all medical providers ask all female patients of reproductive age if they plan to become pregnant in the next year.
Lithium use in women of reproductive age or pregnant women may increase in the risk of cardiac malformations.
Effective methods to curb smoking during pregnancy include counseling, feedback, and monetary incentives.
The risk for offspring's development of psychosis is connected to maternal weight gain during pregnancy.
Treatment for subclinical hypothyroidism or hypothyroxinemia before 20 weeks of gestation is not associated with better cognitive outcomes in children.
Self-harm has been the leading cause of pregnancy-related deaths in Colorado between 2004 and 2012.
Effects of fetal exposure are yet to be determined.
Nicotine exposure during pregnancy through cigarette smoking is associated with schizophrenia in offspring.
Women who took vitamin B and folate supplements during pregnancy were less likely to have a child with autism.
Thirty-one percent of respondents believed that Zika is transmitted through coughing and sneezing.
Researchers found that intense behavioral health follow-up was crucial to reduce the occurrence of neonatal abstinence syndrome.
Oxytocin levels predicted the severity of postpartum depression symptoms among women with a history of depression.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Childhood-Onset Bipolar Disorder Associated With Impaired Family Functioning
- Valproate Use in Women Who Could Become Pregnant: The Argument for Informed Consent
- Hospitalization Rates in Schizophrenia—Lurasidone vs Quetiapine
- Ketamine-Induced Dissociative Symptoms Predict Antidepressant Response
- Review Examines the Effectiveness of Antidepressants for Insomnia
- Video Games and Exercise as Alternative Therapies for ADHD
- How Parents Can Enhance Autism Treatment: Use of Intervention Strategies at Home
- Electroconvulsive Therapy Effective in Children With Autism
- Comorbid Autism Spectrum Disorder and OCD: Challenges in Diagnosis and Treatment
- The Cutting Edge of Schizophrenia Research: VR as Treatment for Psychosis
- Consensus Statement: Managing Bipolar Disorder During and After Pregnancy
- Verbal Memory Linked to Temporal Lobe Thickness in First-Degree Relatives of Those With Schizophrenia
- Associations Between Maternal Depression, Support, and Cognitive Development in Offspring
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Effects of the 2 Types of Anorexia Nervosa on Bone Metabolism