Lithium use in women of reproductive age or pregnant women may increase in the risk of cardiac malformations.
Effective methods to curb smoking during pregnancy include counseling, feedback, and monetary incentives.
The risk for offspring's development of psychosis is connected to maternal weight gain during pregnancy.
Treatment for subclinical hypothyroidism or hypothyroxinemia before 20 weeks of gestation is not associated with better cognitive outcomes in children.
Self-harm has been the leading cause of pregnancy-related deaths in Colorado between 2004 and 2012.
Effects of fetal exposure are yet to be determined.
Nicotine exposure during pregnancy through cigarette smoking is associated with schizophrenia in offspring.
Women who took vitamin B and folate supplements during pregnancy were less likely to have a child with autism.
Thirty-one percent of respondents believed that Zika is transmitted through coughing and sneezing.
Researchers found that intense behavioral health follow-up was crucial to reduce the occurrence of neonatal abstinence syndrome.
Oxytocin levels predicted the severity of postpartum depression symptoms among women with a history of depression.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- The Current State of Autism: From Etiology to Treatment
- Adjunctive Telmisartan's Effects on Symptoms of Schizophrenia
- Is Aspirin Use Associated With a Decreased Incidence of Depressive Symptoms?
- Long-Term Cariprazine Safe, Tolerable for Schizophrenia
- Augmentation Therapy for Treatment-Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
- emPATH Units as a Solution for ED Psychiatric Patient Boarding
- Antidepressants for Poststroke Depression: Comparative Efficacy and Acceptability
- New Model Shows High Accuracy in Predicting Response to Lithium
- Frequent Cannabis Use Associated With Increased Likelihood of MDD
- Protecting the Brain: The Damaging Impact of Traumatic Brain Injury
- Undertreatment of ADHD in US Adults: An Unmet Need
- Sexual Dysfunction in Patients With Major Depressive Disorder in Remission
- Predictors of Optimal Schizophrenia Outcomes Using PP1M, PP3M Treatment
- Cariprazine Effective for Long-Term Sustained Remission in Patients with Schizophrenia
- High Serum Concentrations of Second-Generation Antipsychotics in Elderly