Generic Name and Formulations:
Idarucizumab 2.5g/50mL; soln for IV infusion; preservative-free; contains sorbitol.
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
Indications for PRAXBIND:
Reversal of the anticoagulant effects of dabigatran in emergency surgery/urgent procedures and in life-threatening or uncontrolled bleeding.
For IV use only. Administer 5g (2 vials) as 2 consecutive infusions or as bolus injection of both vials consecutively via syringe. Other additional dose: see Warnings/Precautions.
Thromboembolic risk; consider resuming anticoagulant therapy as soon as medically appropriate; can initiate dabigatran 24hrs after Praxbind administration. In patients having a reappearance of bleeding with elevated coagulation parameters or those requiring a second emergency surgery/urgent procedure and have elevated coagulation parameters, consider repeat administration of Praxbind 5g dose. Discontinue immediately if hypersensitivity reactions occur and treat appropriately. Hereditary fructose intolerance. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Humanized monoclonal antibody fragment.
Headache, hypokalemia, delirium, constipation, pyrexia, pneumonia; hypersensitivity.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders