Paper-based and EHRs have their shortcomings in content quality, structure and documentation.
Clinicians must be aware of strategies in order to effectively handle patients receiving these drug regimens.
Physicians are delaying their retirement because they feel like they are providing a useful service to their patients.
Mental health is associated with retirement saving behavior.
Female physicians report feeling disadvantaged when negotiating contracts and feel that they are assessed for promotion using different criteria than those used for men.
About 25% of adults are detached from the workplace after being discharged for MI.
Many ophthalmologists won't write more than 10 opioid prescriptions a year.
Should the statistical significance of the P-value be lowered?
Understanding more about the original protocols of RCTs for various drugs may offer helpful insights into the clinical implications of those trials' findings.
Knowing the warning signs for embezzlement is helpful in preventing it.
For patients undergoing chemotherapy, participating in a Tibetan yoga program may result in short-term sleep quality benefits.
Mental health and dental issue emergency department visits are often avoidable.
The concept that lying is more cognitively draining than telling the truth has found considerable support in clinical studies.
Physicians spend most of their day in the electronic health record.
Benefits of telehealth in psychiatry include lower cost of care, higher rates of healthcare utilization, and fewer missed appointments.
Obsessive-compulsive disorder is a common disabling psychiatric condition.
Mental health patients with urgent symptoms may be assisted by emPATH units.
Unknown knowns are ideas that people are aware of on some level but, for whatever reason, choose not to admit.
Now when people google 'depression', there is an option to tap 'check if you're clinically depressed'.
In patients with T2D, theoretical and practical once-yearly counseling is associated with higher physical activity, and lower sedentary time.
About 40% of hospitalized patients report a breakdown in their care, whether from information exchange, delays in admission, team communication or discharge.
One third of Americans use prescribed opioids, however these medicines are promoting addiction and overdose deaths.
The PANS/PANDAS guidelines contain 3 parts: (1) psychiatric and behavioral interventions, (2) immunomodulatory therapies, and (3) treatment and prevention of infections.
Patient physician relationships are important.
Postoperative opioid therapy may not be needed for patients getting ankle surgery.
In many nursing homes, individuals with dementia have potentially inappropriate medication use.
Within the next 10 years, there is an expected shortage of physicians within the US, unless interventions are undertaken.
The malware race is a battle between hackers and security experts.
In traditional acupuncture, a concept that is central to achieving a therapeutic response is De Qi, which represents the sensory effects induced by the procedure.
Appropriate imaging, opioid, and hospice use may improve end-of-life care and quality of life.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Maternal Glucocorticoid Exposure Not Associated With ADHD in Offspring
- Ketamine Not Associated With PTSD Development in Military Trauma Setting
- Content, Quality Issues for Both Paper-Based and Electronic Health Records