Information to help you run the business side of your practice
Obesity rates are nearly 40% among US adults, but traditional treatment methods are found to contribute to weight stigma, creating a population that's unhealthier than ever.
In an effort to cut high drug costs, the prices paid by Medicare for certain prescription drugs would be based on those in other advanced industrial nations.
Designing the Therapeutic Space: Using Layout, Color, and Other Elements to Get Patients in the Right Frame of Mind
While there is no single way to design a conducive therapeutic room, mental health professionals can help ensure that clients have a comfortable therapeutic experience by keeping the area a welcoming, cozy, warm, and safe environment for emotionally vulnerable individuals.
The use of medical scribes for electronic health record documentation reduced primary care physician burden.
Farris K. Timimi, MD, and Lee Aase from the Mayo Clinic Social Media Network shared their views on the role of social media in physician practice.
Wide variations in influenza vaccine coverage have been noted across healthcare personnel based on occupation and worksite.
Having a Master of Business Administration degree (MBA) can help doctors with important, practice-related decisions.
Physician employment contracts include a number of bonuses and benefits that can be included or negotiated.
Medical practices can take steps to avoid problems related to use of social media by staff members.
A flexible overall performance score that can be modified in real time by users may be the most optimal method for generating relevant reviews for specific patient interests.
Physician burn out linked to patient safety incidents, professionalism concerns, and low patient satisfaction
In this meta-analysis of available studies, physician burnout was linked to an increased risk for patient safety incidents, professionalism issues, and reduced patient satisfaction.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Cannabis Use in Adolescence Associated With Poorer Mental Health Outcomes
- Cardioprotective Treatment May Reduce Adverse Effects in Schizophrenia
- Minocycline vs Routine Care for Clinical Symptom Improvement in Schizophrenia
- Insomnia in Borderline Personality Disorder May Increase Suicide Risk
- FDA Approves Powerful New Opioid Despite Criticisms
- Heart Rate Variability Predicts Treatment Response in Anxious Depression
- Impulsivity in Bipolar Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, ADHD
- Psychotropic Medication May Reduce Symptoms and Improve Functioning in PTSD
- Social Decline a Predictor of Conversion Outcome in High-Risk Individuals
- Buprenorphine/Samidorphan Helpful in Refractory Depression