post-traumatic stress disorder
After viewing traumatic videos, people who played Tetris experienced fewer intrusive memories than those who didn't play the video game.
While PTSD is thought by many to primarily impact men, rates are twice as high in women as men.
Danish study of more than 4,000 people finds PTSD is not a risk factor for developing nearly all types of cancer examined.
A substance in turmeric powder may help reduce brain damage from Alzheimer's disease and ease fearful memories in PTSD.
Looking at both the social and neurological aspects of mental illness may be a better approach for research and treatment.
Veterans who have both PTSD and traumatic brain injury have worse outcomes than those who have just one condition.
Women with multiple symptoms of PTSD more than twice as likely to get addicted to food compared to women with no trauma history.
Ketamine led to significant and rapid decline in severity of symptoms.
Integrated, evidence-based treatments for both PTSD and substance-use disorder are an area of unmet need.
Pregnant women with post-traumatic stress diosrders and major depressive disorder where four times more likely to deliver preterm.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Addressing Common Nutritional Deficiencies in Autism
- Physical Activity During Midlife Influences Late Life Verbal Memory Performance
- Children With ADHD May Adapt More Poorly To Changes In Positive Reinforcement Patterns
- Functional Role of Adult-Born Neurons in Stress Vulnerability and Resilience
- "Drunkorexia" Linked To Both Eating and Substance Use Disorders
- Psychoeducation No More Effective Than Peer Support at Reducing Time to Next Bipolar Episode
- No Difference Between Omega-3 & Placebo in Patients at Ultrahigh Risk for Psychosis
- Smartphone Questionnaire Effective for Long-Term Monitoring of Mood Instability
- Prolactin-Related Symptoms Decrease with Reduced Risperidone Dosage
- Sport Psychiatry: An Emerging Specialty