Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
The results demonstrated that the proposed revision was less likely to identify patients with mild to moderate post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms who might still require treatment.
Posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms may be associated with higher levels of acute pain and pain interference in low-income inner city women.
Rheuatology Advisor speaks with a psychologist about addressing mental health in patients with inflammatory arthritis.
As a result of 6 phase 2 trials, the FDA has designated MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for PTSD as breakthrough therapy.
These data may be useful in developing care strategies for mothers suffering from stress exposure and in predicting the temperaments of their children.
A number of factors including chronic pain co-occurring with posttraumatic stress disorder and pain interference may predict suicidal ideation and violent impulses in US veterans with chronic pain.
Significant reductions in all symptom scores after intervention in military personnel.
In patients with nocturnal symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), prazosin did not significantly reduce nightmares or improve quality of sleep compared with placebo at 10 or 26 weeks.
For pediatric patients with chronic pain, PTSD symptoms may be linked with higher levels of pain intensity.
Cognitive processing therapy was directly compared with written exposure therapy for individuals with PTSD.
Mean reductions in Clinician-Administered PTSD Scale scores from baseline were significantly greater in the propranolol group compared with the placebo group.
Individuals with chronic pain and PTSD have poor pain-related outcomes.
Prolonged exposure therapy was associated with a greater reduction in PTSD symptom severity compared with a minimal-contact control.
Catatstrophic thinking about pain in children may mediate the relationship between chronic pain and PTSD.
In the military trauma setting, ketamine administration is not linked with PTSD.
Researchers examined whether the risk of relapse or time to relapse was related to type of anxiety disorder, duration of previous treatment, and other factors.
The FDA has granted Breakthrough Therapy Designation to MDMA for treating PTSD.
Pregnant women with migraine are more likely to have PTSD.
In patients with eating disorders, rTMS of the DMPFC seems to be beneficial for treating PTSD.
Elderly veterans with PTSD and dementia have increased odds of being prescribed SGAs compared with those with PTSD alone.
Utilizing CPAP is thought to promote consolidation of emotional memory, which may assist in recovery from traumatic events.
DCS shows a small augmentation effect on exposure-based therapy.
Relationship of trauma memories to other PTSD symptoms offers early intervention potential.
There is no evidence that protecting women's mental health concerns should restrict abortion access.
Screening assessments are useful for identifying high-risk individuals for early interventions following the unexpected death of a loved one.
Researchers used MRI to detect variations in neural connections among earthquake survivors.
Veterans remain understudied in the field of eating disorders, possibly due to the misperception that men are not affected by them.
Meeting the Needs of a Vulnerable Population
Extreme trauma affects FKBP5 methylation in survivors of the Holocaust as well as in their offspring.
Emotional enhancement ability predicts symptom severity of PTSD and depression.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Should Physicians Treat Family and Friends? Three Experts Weigh In
- Transference in the Age of #MeToo: What Counts as Harassment From a Patient?
- Influence of Psychostimulants on BMI and Height in Youth With ADHD
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Effective in Reducing Suicide Attempts, Self-Harm in Adolescents
- Medication Adherence Predictors in Patients With Severe Psychiatric Disorders
- Court-Mandated Substance Abuse Treatment: Exploring the Ethics and Efficacy
- ADHD Treatments
- Esketamine Nasal Spray: A New Treatment Possibility for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- Pharmacogenetics in Psychiatry: Promising Developments and Potential Pitfalls
- Substance Abuse and Primary Psychosis: A Closer Look
- Functional Restoration for Chronic Pain and Depression in the Elderly: Pharmacotherapy and Beyond
- Efficacy of Long-Acting Injectable Antipsychotics vs Oral Antipsychotics
- Older Age Associated With Worse Major Depressive Disorder Outcomes
- Preoperative Psychiatric Diagnoses Not Associated With Bariatric Surgery Outcomes
- Medical Clearance of Psych Patients in the ED: Consensus Recommendations