Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
Researchers examined whether the risk of relapse or time to relapse was related to type of anxiety disorder, duration of previous treatment, and other factors.
The FDA has granted Breakthrough Therapy Designation to MDMA for treating PTSD.
Pregnant women with migraine are more likely to have PTSD.
In patients with eating disorders, rTMS of the DMPFC seems to be beneficial for treating PTSD.
Elderly veterans with PTSD and dementia have increased odds of being prescribed SGAs compared with those with PTSD alone.
Utilizing CPAP is thought to promote consolidation of emotional memory, which may assist in recovery from traumatic events.
DCS shows a small augmentation effect on exposure-based therapy.
Relationship of trauma memories to other PTSD symptoms offers early intervention potential.
There is no evidence that protecting women's mental health concerns should restrict abortion access.
Screening assessments are useful for identifying high-risk individuals for early interventions following the unexpected death of a loved one.
Researchers used MRI to detect variations in neural connections among earthquake survivors.
Veterans remain understudied in the field of eating disorders, possibly due to the misperception that men are not affected by them.
Meeting the Needs of a Vulnerable Population
Extreme trauma affects FKBP5 methylation in survivors of the Holocaust as well as in their offspring.
Emotional enhancement ability predicts symptom severity of PTSD and depression.
Comorbid PTSD and other psychiatric illness has been linked to increased rates of suicidal ideation and substance use disorders.
This brief sampling illustrates the diversity of content being presented at the annual meeting.
A growing body of research finds disproportionately high rates of sexual assault among servicewomen.
When people have expressed PTSD symptoms for about 6 months to a year and a half, the disorder becomes entrenched.
An association was found between comorbid psychiatric comorbidities and headaches among individuals with traumatic brain injury.
The brains of those with PTSD who received mindfulness training changed in ways that may have helped them "switch off" looping memories.
Questions remain as to whether botanically-derived marijuana offers clinical benefit over pharmaceutical-grade THC, its active ingredient.
In prospective cohort study of women, elevated risk for rheumatoid arthritis is independent of smoking.
Stillbirth is associated with suicidal ideation, depression, anxiety and other manifestations of post-traumatic stress disorder.
Mice repeatedly exposed to an aggressive intruder had a difficult time remembering locations in a previously mastered maze.
Decline in QOL and increase in depressive symptoms during hospitalization predict six-month outcomes.
The number and timing of follow-up psychotherapy visits may be inadequate to deliver evidence-based psychotherapy.
New research suggests that a group of drugs being developed for mood disorders could also relieve chronic pain.
10.3% of the participants experienced moderate victimization that increased, and 5.1% experienced high levels of consistent victimization.
Patients are usually women; most have chronic, severe conditions with histories of suicide.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- Antidepressant Use and Dementia Risk in the Elderly
- Sleep Apnea Implant Device Receives FDA Approval
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Duration of Untreated Depression Predicts Depression Severity
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Cognitive Dysfunction a Sign of Prodromal Parkinson Disease
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Bipolar Depression Benefits From Midday Bright Light Therapy